1.    #1  
    What would it do?
    The app would enable me to assign pre-defined ring tone to a pre-defined phone number in my contact list so when an incoming call from that specific number, the CALLER will hear my pre-defined ring tone.

Why Am I am requesting such an app?
    Recently, I have been getting more and more sales calls and repeated calls even when I kindly requesting them to stop... I have labeled all them under SALES CALL so I no longer answering them. With this app, I would be able to record my own ring tone saying "DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN, ADD ME TO YOUR DO NOT CALL LIST" so hopefully the CALLER will finally get the message!!!

I believe this app would have a great appeal to many folks... (think of what high school youngsters would be able to do with this app and their Pre phone?)

That would be cool - right?
    Try posting in one of the WebOS Software forums, you'd get a lot more developers reading your thread than over here.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    I seriously doubt the phone has control over the ringer that the caller hears -- that's tied to the combination of cell and landline connections that are used to complete the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    What would it do?
    The app would enable me to assign pre-defined ring tone to a pre-defined phone number in my contact list so when an incoming call from that specific number, the CALLER will hear my pre-defined ring tone.

Why Am I am requesting such an app?
    Recently, I have been getting more and more sales calls and repeated calls even when I kindly requesting them to stop... I have labeled all them under SALES CALL so I no longer answering them. With this app, I would be able to record my own ring tone saying "DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN, ADD ME TO YOUR DO NOT CALL LIST" so hopefully the CALLER will finally get the message!!!

I believe this app would have a great appeal to many folks... (think of what high school youngsters would be able to do with this app and their Pre phone?)

That would be cool - right?
    Actually, I think what you are looking for is already available from Sprint. They call it Call Tones, other providers call it Answer Tones. They are not ring tones. This was the description from Sprint.com:

Call Tones replaces the boring old "ringing" sound that people hear while they wait for you to answer with fun songs, sounds and voices. Assign unique Call Tones to friends, family, coworkers, groups or even one for all incoming callers to hear!

This may not be of help though, doesn't appear that you can have your own message like you mentioned and it costs a few dollars just for a 90 day period.
    Last edited by Ramer84015; 10/10/2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Additional info