Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    I see all these people having issues with the palm pre. Like with screen leakage and the slider messing up. Also the battery is bad from what I understand. Is this device worth buying with all the issues? Or should I just wait for the next great phone?
  2. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes
  3. #3  
    Is all about your decision i dont having problem with screen leakage , the slider is a lil bit with oreo effect but that dont affect me and the battery is great for me .
    i think the phone worth the price!
  4.    #4  
    I was thinking about waiting for the pixi.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robwithtoast View Post
    I was thinking about waiting for the pixi.
    Me too. I have a 14-month old 800w (it's fading) and the options are staggering.

    I'm also holding off on a good deal for a Treo Pro. As much as Windows Mobile has been panned, it is a stable OS with lots of apps.

    That said, I saw a Sunday circular Best Buy ad for the Pre for $149 with two year agreement. The Pixi should be cheaper, which might lower the price of the Pro.

    Decisions, decisions...

    Waiting it out is good. I'm even considering the Blackberry Tour!
    Last edited by KevMeister; 10/11/2009 at 02:20 PM.
  6. Ms_Kady's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #6  
    If you have doubts, wait for the Pixi that way you can do a side by side comparison of the two. However, the Pre has more to offer than the Pixi does, so if all you're not tech-savvy, then the Pixi is probably more for you.
  7. #7  
    The pre is the best Smartphone on the market.

    My wife has a MyTouch... and I am a major apple ******....

    The Pre Bends the iPhone over.... Sorry about it apple....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  8. #8  
    I got the pro when it came out to replace my centro. Then the pre came out and it looked kewl so did some research and bought it. The pre is my favorite phone and I have had 20 or more. Never had any issues with my pre
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    The pre is the best Smartphone on the market.

    My wife has a MyTouch... and I am a major apple ******....

    The Pre Bends the iPhone over.... Sorry about it apple....
    Yeah I know this. Like everyone wants a Iphone... I don't. But I'm not going to buy a pre if all I'm going to have is problems and not be able to use such a great device.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    If you have doubts, wait for the Pixi that way you can do a side by side comparison of the two. However, the Pre has more to offer than the Pixi does, so if all you're not tech-savvy, then the Pixi is probably more for you.
    Well I actually am very tech savy I just don't want to have to return the phone like 100 times lol.
  11. #11  
    You know more of what would fit your preference than anyone on this forum. I would suggest testing/trying it out and see if it meets your standards. Not sure about screen leakage, never had that nor ever saw what it looks like. Slider issues are probably the most common of issues. Seems like it is mainly constrained to earlier Pre's. Ones being sold now seem to have less and less issues as far as the slider goes. Battery isn't that Bad. I am getting at least a full day from browsing, messaging, using apps, and emailing. Most I ever had on a full charge was 2 days.

    GOOD LUCK!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    You know more of what would fit your preference than anyone on this forum. I would suggest testing/trying it out and see if it meets your standards. Not sure about screen leakage, never had that nor ever saw what it looks like. Slider issues are probably the most common of issues. Seems like it is mainly constrained to earlier Pre's. Ones being sold now seem to have less and less issues as far as the slider goes. Battery isn't that Bad. I am getting at least a full day from browsing, messaging, using apps, and emailing. Most I ever had on a full charge was 2 days.

    GOOD LUCK!
    Yeah i'm going to get a new phone soon. Probably next month. So I'll see.
  13. #13  
    I've had mine only for a couple of weeks and freakin love.it! Its got a learning curve on it but no I can't imagine a iphone
  14. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by robwithtoast View Post
    Or should I just wait for the next great phone?
    Yes, wait for the next "great phone". I am 100% positive it...what ever it may be, won't have any problems at all.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Yes, wait for the next "great phone". I am 100% positive it...what ever it may be, won't have any problems at all.
    Lol
  16. #16  
    The vast majority of Pre owners have no major problems, and are happy with the device. If your unsure, buy it, and take it back within the 30 days if you're unhappy with it.
  17. Susank2's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #17  
    I love my Pre. It does everything that I wanted it to do. And I haven't had any issues with it other than the slider turning the phone off but the McGuyer fix mainly took care of that.

    I haven't installed any tweaks or patches because I'm a little wary of doing that and having problems with the phone afterwards. But so far it's been working great.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by susank2 View Post
    I love my Pre. It does everything that I wanted it to do. And I haven't had any issues with it other than the slider turning the phone off but the McGuyer fix mainly took care of that.

    I haven't installed any tweaks or patches because I'm a little wary of doing that and having problems with the phone afterwards. But so far it's been working great.
    I have the lg rumor atm... lol but yeah when i slide it down hard enough it turns it off.
  19. #19  
    Yes it is worth buying... I love my Pre!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Me too. I have a 14-month old 800w (it's fading) and the options are staggering.

    I'm also holding off on a good deal for a Treo Pro. As much as Windows Mobile has been panned, it is a stable OS with lots of apps.

    That said, I saw a Sunday circular Best Buy ad for the Pre for $149 with two year agreement. The Pixi should be cheaper, which might lower the price of the Pro.

    Decisions, decisions...

    Waiting it out is good. I'm even considering the Blackberry Tour!
    The blackberry has no touch screen...pass!

    Timing is everything.The last time I checked a Sprint Store, the Treo Pro was going for $199 with 2/year agreement/renewal and mail in rebate. Now it's $149...until October 31. At that price, I may bite.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions