Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know or has been able to listen to sirius radio yet on their pre??
  2. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #2  
    I haven't been able to listen yet, which is frustrating with all of the other streaming radio we can listen too. hopefully, we will get an app soon. if not, once flashplayer is ready to go, we can just log in through the website for on-line streaming.
  3. jmf
    jmf is offline
    jmf's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #3  
    Of the radio programming available there seems to be very little talk radio.

    jmf
  4. rockyjay's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    Of the radio programming available there seems to be very little talk radio.

    jmf
    The Stitcher App has plenty of Talk radio programs
  5. Cubs Win's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #5  
  6. #6  
    In all honesty if you want sirius music. I'd tell you shoutcast is a million times better. Theres times were I just stream vocal trance in a 2-3 hour drive with no problems whatsoever and so much better music then xm/sirius.
  7. #7  
    Pandora!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by runagun View Post
    In all honesty if you want sirius music. I'd tell you shoutcast is a million times better. Theres times were I just stream vocal trance in a 2-3 hour drive with no problems whatsoever and so much better music then xm/sirius.
    That's great, and everyone knows about Shoutcast and Pandora, and they ARE great apps, but the fact is some of us have Sirius online subscriptions and would like to listen to certain stations, NFL games, Howard Stern, and the like, so it's getting kind of tiresome when people in every Siri/XM thread drop Pandora like they're sharing some big secret.

    It's not the same, and I, too, would love a SIRIUS app, or a way to stream it easily. I've found that the link posted above isn't something I've been able to make work on my mac.

    Thanks.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    That's great, and everyone knows about Shoutcast and Pandora, and they ARE great apps, but the fact is some of us have Sirius online subscriptions and would like to listen to certain stations, NFL games, Howard Stern, and the like, so it's getting kind of tiresome when people in every Siri/XM thread drop Pandora like they're sharing some big secret
    Good luck with getting a Sirius app with Stern. Sirius crippled the iPhone app so neither Stern channel works. And they've been sending cease and desist letters to anyone that tries to make a 3rd party application.
  10. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #10  
    it isn't just about being able to get Stern. Being loyal to Sirius/XM is like being loyal to the Pre. We have a product we like, and it doesn't matter if people try to down play it or say something is better (i.e. Pandora). We like Sirius/XM and would like to have it.

    and of course it crippled the iPhone. That thing is a pice of crap! :-)
  11. #11  
    Even just a patch to stream java-based audio should work. I have sirius, plus I pay an extra fee per month to be able to listen online. Because of that fee, I DO have access to stern ,nfl, and the full programming lineup. If I could just access that via the web brower, I could use my pre to use a service I'm already paying a premium for.
  12. #12  
    I know Shoutcast was already mentioned, but Howard 101 is available on it. Not sure how legal it is, but it works for those who want Stern on the go.

    Yeah once I heard they blocked Stern on the official app, I lost interest in it. Like already mentioned, I'm hoping that flash will allow the web app to work.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    it isn't just about being able to get Stern. Being loyal to Sirius/XM is like being loyal to the Pre. We have a product we like, and it doesn't matter if people try to down play it or say something is better (i.e. Pandora). We like Sirius/XM and would like to have it.
    It's hard to be loyal to a company that's constantly broken it's promises the last 4 years. That said, I'm signed up for another 3 months and they we'll see if it's worth re-upping.
  14. #14  
    I was seriously going to cancel my Sirius subscription mainly because the new fees amount to $51.51, and that does NOT include the "premium" internet listening. So I give them a call, and they said "we will give it to you for 20 bucks for 5 months". Uhm, how do you say no to that? So the credided me 15 bucks back to my credit card. Then I *****ed about how poor the audio quality is, and that the internet listening doesn't work anymore. For clarification, when Sirius first came out, internet streaming was included in the price (one reason why I got it), but at only at a paltry 34 kbit/s. After a while they added the "premium" version of the stream, for another 2.99! Yeah...hell no, not paying extra for that. So now, the low end stream seems to have disappeared, and you have to pay $2.99 for something that really should be included in that horrendous price of 51.51 that I am already paying. Anyways, long story short, when I complained about that, he included the internet stream for free too. What's all that tell us? They must be desparate for business.

    Truth be told, I will probably never use the internet stream since I like Shoutcast better. Pandora and Shoutcast really make it very hard for me to justify the cost for the Sirius stream, especiall since the new stream, while sounding better, still doesn't sound as good as Pandora and Shoutcast, at least to my ears. I guess only huge fans of Stern and people who like the talk and sports radio will be willing to pony up for the internet stream. To me, it's just gotten too expensive.
  15. jb23fan's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #15  
    Once flash comes out we should be able to use the online stream site right? Or no?
  16. Me State's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #16  
    You can't listen to Jason Ellis on Pandora or anyother online radio site. That show alone is enough reason for a Sirius app.
  17. #17  
    Now that I have a Touchstone for my car, I'm thinking of ditching my XM.
    The one thing that may prevent me is changing stations on the Pre can be tougher with the swiping instead of my XM's remote.
  18. #18  
    well the easy anwser is to PAY for sirius/xm
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker2316 View Post
    well the easy anwser is to PAY for sirius/xm
    Really Sherlock? I have a PAID sub and I can't stream it. The bottom line is that the only way is doing the PIA work around that is posted up there ^^^. Musicdock would allow you to stream and is a great program but it streams .wmp so NO it does not work currently. Hopefully Palm will be working on adding audio and video codecs at least .wmp...
  20. REVNU's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #20  
    Sirius would be nice. I'm about ready to cancel my subscription also. The only reason I have it is to listen to Howard in the morning. For music I have my iPod, Pandora and Shoutcast.

    I called last weekend and told them I wanted to cancel. They then gave me an extra year for $50 and included online streaming for free. If at the end of my year they don't have their act together I'm out. I'll just listen to FHF on KABC instead!
    We're all a bunch of "slimy ******* users."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions