Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    My accounts were fine and opening fast during my 1st month, including my exchange acct, but once I updated to 1.2.1, it slowed down a little. I have a 5 to 7 sec delay to open the body of the email. This is ridiculous. It got a lot worse (9 to 10sec) once I installed GDialpro (which is not currently working with 1.2.1)....

I have 2 live accts, 1 yahoo acct and 1 Exchange.

Please dont tell me it is live,yahoo or exchange issues as all of these accounts were opening very fast. also it is NOT the "enhanced auto-correction tweak" as I do not have the tweak in the phone.

I removed GDial and I still have the 7 sec delay to open the body of the email once I click on an message...VERY FRUSTRATING...
    Last edited by crg28; 10/10/2009 at 01:14 AM.
    Have you installed the enhanced auto-correction tweak? That was causing this issue for me along with a bunch of other board members.
    I had the same problem with the slow loading emails.. removed the auto correct tweak and it fixed it
    ZiplokeR, aka.... amsterdamAL
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Can we PLEASE STOP with the "remove the auto correct tweak" thing?

I DO NOT have this installed. This is not the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Can we PLEASE STOP with the "remove the auto correct tweak" thing?

I DO NOT have this installed. This is not the issue.

thats weird.. i removed it and now the bodies open instantly as opposed to waiting 6-8 seconds.. did you ever have that patch installed?
    ZiplokeR, aka.... amsterdamAL
    Have you tried removing the auto correct tweak? That worked for me.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue. When I removed the quick install tweak that allowed email to be viewed in landscape mode the problem went away.

my email now loads properly. Hope that helps
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Have you tried removing the auto correct tweak? That worked for me.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    PLEASE HELP!!!

As i mentioned before, "I DO NOT" have the auto correct tweak. Email is UNBEARABLY SLOW... it takes 10 seconds now at least for anything to even show up when I click on each respective email account.

I do not have anything installed on the phone...and it worked fine for a while....***?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    PLEASE HELP!!!

As i mentioned before, "I DO NOT" have the auto correct tweak. Email is UNBEARABLY SLOW... it takes 10 seconds now at least for anything to even show up when I click on each respective email account.

I do not have anything installed on the phone...and it worked fine for a while....***?
    Do you have a *ton* of emails? (i.e. more then a few hundred messages?)

Might be slowing it down.. -m
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Oh geez, calm down. People are trying to help you.

Anyway, I have 1.2.1 installed and my Pre is not hacked. My email app opens within 2 seconds and I have 2 accounts in it. I select an account and it opens right now and it pulls new email in a few seconds.

I would suggest that it's not 1.2,1, and you should try a reboot to clean the system. press and hold orange key and Sym key and press 'R'

It could be that you have way to many messages in it, like diomark suggested......
    i bet he synced like 500 emails from a spam folder or something like that ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have two Exchange accounts and a Gmail account syncing to my device. I have no homebrew, no tweaks, and am on 1.2.1 - it's generally slow to load an email for me as well. I only sync my main inbox folder and don't have more than 500 mails in the accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeratain View Post
    I have two Exchange accounts and a Gmail account syncing to my device. I have no homebrew, no tweaks, and am on 1.2.1 - it's generally slow to load an email for me as well. I only sync my main inbox folder and don't have more than 500 mails in the accounts.
    download the fairdinkum app it will speed you up considerably

so how many emails do you have in there then ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    download the fairdinkum app it will speed you up considerably

so how many emails do you have in there then ??
    Between all 3 accounts I have 117 total emails. It's generally quick to load the inbox, but quite slow to load the actual message. I'll check out the app. Thanks for the tip
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeratain View Post
    Between all 3 accounts I have 117 total emails. It's generally quick to load the inbox, but quite slow to load the actual message. I'll check out the app. Thanks for the tip
    yeah when you get up over one hundred emails in side the email app it does slow down somewhat ,that app will be a good thing
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Have you tried removing the auto correct feature?

You are pretty damn pushy for someone asking for help. Your parents did a ****ty job raising you.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Have you tried removing the auto correct feature?

You are pretty damn pushy for someone asking for help. Your parents did a ****ty job raising you.
    You should read the entire thread before assuming he's being pushy. The guy has stated one time too many regarding that issue. He does NOT have the auto correct tweak installed.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah when you get up over one hundred emails in side the email app it does slow down somewhat ,that app will be a good thing
    Umm..
    That app only effects package management (?)
    -m
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Got to be the auto correct tweak
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast