Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I posted this in the bluetooth forum but didnt get much traffic, i was hoping for a little more views on this side hope someone can help me.

I've got a problem and need a solution, when driving in car I MUST wear a headset, I have been using the headset that came with the pre, but I AM VERY ANNOYED by the "sidetone" and I just can't take it anymore, it dosent help that my car has a VERY loud exhaust BUT I never had this problem with treo 800w using wired headset. Now my question, do bluetooth headsets also have this annoying feature (I know some of you like sidetone) but its driving me insane and I just cannot drive and hold phone at same time it kills my elbows. Please any suggestions on a headset wired or bluetooth with NO SIDETONE.

Thanks a million in advance and sorry for the 2x post
    What's a sidetone????
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Sidetone = the playing of your own voice at lower volumes over the speaker of your headset.

I personally like it, my wired headset blocks out all outside noise so it helps quite a bit to control speaking volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sidetone = the playing of your own voice at lower volumes over the speaker of your headset.
    really? ive never used a headset.....seems that would get annoying hearing my echo...