Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After i updated package mang and preware and download a couple apps and patches, when i tap the phone icon to call someone i cant see the numbers on the dailer. I can still type the numbers but i cant see them. And the four options below the numbers drop down almost out of the screen when im on a call, like the speaker phone icon. I removed all the patches i installed and most of the apps i installed too. Did a partial erase and still i cant see the numbers. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it happening.
  2.    #3  
    Still?
  3.    #4  
    Did i steal a theme? No
  4.    #5  
    here is a screen shot of my problem.
    sorry about that... i mean did u install some theme?
  6.    #7  
    i did. but i removed everything and its still doing it. i did a partial erase too
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    give this a shot, it might have something to do with the theme not uninstalling cleanly.
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend

Supposedly repairs messed up files, never had to use it, but anything from Jason has to be awesome so hopefully it works for you.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    ^ If he's using 1.2.1. the utility won't work.
    You would have to recover the dialer_assistant files on your pre. If you don't have a backup of those, maybe someone on the forum can provide you with those.

Also, you can take a screenshot of your screen by pressing the "orange key+SYM+P". You don't have to take a picture of it with a camera.
  9.    #10  
    thanks. im not that good with this stuff. this is my first smart phone. how do i know it its 1.2.1 or 1.2.0 and how do i check if i backed it up
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    give this a shot, it might have something to do with the theme not uninstalling cleanly.
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend

Supposedly repairs messed up files, never had to use it, but anything from Jason has to be awesome so hopefully it works for you.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    thanks. im not that good with this stuff. this is my first smart phone. how do i know it its 1.2.1 or 1.2.0 and how do i check if i backed it up
    by the way the repair utlity is not working with the lastest update of webos 1.2.1 if u still using the 1.2.0 in your phone u can use repair utitliy and u can see what version you have goin too device inf in the third page of your launcher!
  12.    #13  
    i using 1.2.1 zaki said something about checkin if i backed up my dialer asst files. how do i do that.
  13.    #14  
    if i use the webos doctor will this fix my problem. if so, will it erase my contacts. if it will is there a way i can backup my contacts. thats all i care about. here is a better picture

Last edited by jetsfanccr; 10/10/2009 at 05:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Just wait a few hours (minutes) a new version of repair utility will be posted. Check the following link and when it's ready for 1.2.1, download it, and run it.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-utility.html
    if i use the webos doctor will this fix my problem. if so, will it erase my contacts. if it will is there a way i can backup my contacts. thats all i care about. here is a better picture
    yes the dr will erase everything. make sure to back up your music and pics.

If you use google contacts it will back them up automatically
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

After i updated package mang and preware and download a couple apps and patches, when i tap the phone icon to call someone i cant see the numbers on the dailer. I can still type the numbers but i cant see them. And the four options below the numbers drop down almost out of the screen when im on a call, like the speaker phone icon. I removed all the patches i installed and most of the apps i installed too. Did a partial erase and still i cant see the numbers. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it happening.
    Sounds like you installed a theme right after the update,
    Palm changed the dialer size. Which broke every theme before 1.2. They should be all 1.2.1 compliant by now.

Options

1) You'll need to run the repair utility, However if you are running 1.2.1 then you'll have to wait a day or two until Jason gets the update out.

2) Run the Dr.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

17.    #18  
    the contacts are all i really care about. i already tried a full erase. i just got the phone so i dont have much on it. this repair utility thing is it easy to use. i dont know much about this stuff. doesnt my palm profile backup my contacts
    the contacts are all i really care about. i already tried a full erase. i just got the phone so i dont have much on it. this repair utility thing is it easy to use. i dont know much about this stuff. doesnt my palm profile backup my contacts
    Yes it does but make sure you tell it to update before you Dr. it.

Follow the link below.

19.    #20  
    Yessssss!!!!!!!!!! Its back to normal. Thanks everyone. I think i thanked everyone who replied. Go jets monday night.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast