1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I am having issues with my messaging conversations. I deleted a bunch of conversations just to clean up the messaging app and when those people text me the conversation is not visable. But if I search in the messaging app for their name I will see their conversation with the unread text. If I click on the notification when I receive the text the conversation will appear as normal. But if I swipe it away the conversation will NOT be there unless I search for it.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The only solution that will work (and that I have to do every time this happens) is either:

1. Unlink any additional profiles linked to the contact/s with the problem, then delete the conversation and exit the messaging app.
    2. Deleting the contact all together.

How Palm hasn't fixed this yet, is beyond me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    The only solution that will work (and that I have to do every time this happens) is either:

1. Unlink any additional profiles linked to the contact/s with the problem, then delete the conversation and exit the messaging app.
    2. Deleting the contact all together.

How Palm hasn't fixed this yet, is beyond me.
    So I should unlink any additional profile on the contact and just leave the main? Then add those links back later?

If I delete the contact I guess it will just come back after it's next sync?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Bah...just delete messages from the affected contact...Unlink their profile, then you can link it right back and that will fix it.

I believe the problem is that when you swipe the whole conversation away instead of systematically deleting each line of the text first, it causes the bug for contacts with linked profiles.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    Bah...just delete messages from the affected contact...Unlink their profile, then you can link it right back and that will fix it.

I believe the problem is that when you swipe the whole conversation away instead of systematically deleting each line of the text first, it causes the bug for contacts with linked profiles.
    I am a bit confused. So if I have info from Facebook and google for a particular contact, what exactly am I unlinking?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Got to the contact of the person with the disappearing texts...tap on their picture or shadow, and tap either profile...facebook or google and tap the option to unlink this profile. then select to Link more profiles... and link it back up to the profile you unlinked. Text messages for the affected contacts should start popping back up with the other main conversations instead of hidden (having to type the contact name in and search for their text to see it everytime).
  7.    #7  
    It worked. You F'n rock. Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    No prob... Glad I could help.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I don't have any additional profiles linked to my contacts and this has happened twice now. I've had to delete the contact completely and then re-save it. So annoying.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    yea, happens when you swipe the whole text convo away instead of delete the text message line by line... "Sofa King Wee Todd Did". Hope they fix that, added forwards, and video cam. Then I'd have no complaints.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    yeah, this has happened to me as well.

Except for me, it always seems like a little more of a nightmare. While I'm unlinking contacts and whatnot, my contacts app will freeze to a stop, and then my messaging app won't open. So I restart luna, try again. And deleting a contact that is synced on is just a nightmare. I'll delete the contact, delete the convo, bring the contact back and the convo is back (and still invisible.)

I ended up doing a partial wipe because I had decided to delete all of my conversations, which resulted in almost every contact conversation going phantom.

Ah...

Just don't let those conversations get too big before deleting them.
    There is a band aid, but no "fix" yet.
    excuse my language but i can't get this ****ing thing to work. if i do a partial erase how do i recover my contacts and do i have to relink everything?
    I'm having this problem too and unlinking isn't working.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am having issues with my messaging conversations. I deleted a bunch of conversations just to clean up the messaging app and when those people text me the conversation is not visable. But if I search in the messaging app for their name I will see their conversation with the unread text. If I click on the notification when I receive the text the conversation will appear as normal. But if I swipe it away the conversation will NOT be there unless I search for it.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks
    I just had the exact same issue. What I did was do a partial reset. This does not delete pics and files. After the reset everything was ok. It seems that you can't let the conversations get too long.
    I am also having this issue. it seems to be happening for contacts that I don't have linked profiles for. Any recommendations on that?

mrwebguy
    For those that have no other profiles like me. I just create a new contact called test. Link to the contact in message convo that is disappeared. Once done you should now see contact convo pop up with the name test. Go back to contact app and tap the profile name you want and set it as primary. Then contact convo should reflect change and you can unlink the test contact you created. It work for me all the time. Hope it helps.
    Thank you guys so much for this. I was having so much trouble with this and the thought of resetting, losing "Classic" and all that stuff.. and the issue was already hammered out 12 ways from Sunday by you guys. I did find the creation of a new contact named "test," linking this to the profile belonging to the missing conversation, then unlinking and making the usual profile primary, the easiest solution for my needs. Awesome. But yeah Palm needs to fix this.