1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but, does anyone know how I would be able to stream TV from my TV tuner in my computer (HVR 950Q) to my Pre? Is it even possible? What would be the best way to go about this?
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
    I keep checking the app updates hoping one of the "big" apps will be released. The best way (IMHO) would be to use orb once such an app is possible.

I am still waiting for slingplayer! It is one thing my Treo to Pre move needs to feel complete
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalposter View Post
    I keep checking the app updates hoping one of the "big" apps will be released. The best way (IMHO) would be to use orb once such an app is possible.

I am still waiting for slingplayer! It is one thing my Treo to Pre move needs to feel complete
    x2. I am on the Beta program with my SOLO and asked if I can sign up for the Beta program for the mobile app for the Pre. We shall see if they sign me up or not.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Also, I don't know if you noticed but you can now watch Slingbox on their webpage now. So even if Slingbox doesn't come out with an app by the time Flash hits the Pre, then you can still log into their website and watch it there.

Come on Flash...!!!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I do it with Orb all the time on my Treo Pro. The TV plays on the Windows media player. MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    +1 for Orb
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalposter View Post

Ditto, especially now that we can stream more online radio after the 1.2.1 update.
    I really hope Flash enables us to use sling.com.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I watch tv on my Pre with Orb.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Never tried with orb, but running an apache server with ampache installed should do the same with localplay...??
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Just wondering for those of you who use orb to watch tv, What speed settings do you use on the pre?
    I thought ampache was just for auido ! Isnt it ?
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    Just wondering for those of you who use orb to watch tv, What speed settings do you use on the pre?
    I've set mine on 160. Seems to give a reasonable picture without dropping out too much as long as I've got a strong EVDO signal. Sometimes takes about twenty seconds to get going though.

xtn
    vuivision.com for major stations.