Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 96
  1. Ms_Kady's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #61  
    I'm still waiting for a notifications app so I don't have to root my phone again. I'm a sounds/notifications junkie.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    ...
    Your point isn't really any kind of point at all... We all want 500 quality apps and I too would pay $5 for quality seeing that I have donated to multiple dev's myself.
    The fact that you didn't understand the point doesn't mean there isn't one. It does; however, explain some of what we're reading on here...
  3. jorgem817's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Awesome! But where is Tweed 1.0?
    +1
  4. fid
    fid is offline
    fid's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, that's not misleading. Exactly how long do you think the process should be to approve an app? From the inital first sumission, to the final release? Please, you're accusing a company of lying (even though you later back off some). Even "misleading" is harsh, unless you can articulate why.
    ok hparsons, they lie. They LIE about what the Pre's ID is to iTunes, they mislead on apps submitted. They're coy or misleading with financial statements. The company is not acting ethically.

    These were concerns I had before the Pre was released and still have now. So this is my 'serious' accusation.

    These concerns have made me thankful that I've held off purchasing more Palm gear (after a decade long, loyal user) for myself and others.
  5. #65  
    There are a few more Apps that must have just come out.

    Pic Flick - one of those puzzle games were you slide pieces around to get pic back together
    Push to Pop - slightly fancier version of Bubbles
    Currency Exchange rates - one free version, one for 5 bucks
    Converty - Conversion tool for 1.95
    easy Shop - Another shopping list program

    I bought the puzzle game....it's fun!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by fid View Post
    ok hparsons, they lie. They LIE about what the Pre's ID is to iTunes, they mislead on apps submitted. They're coy or misleading with financial statements. The company is not acting ethically.

    These were concerns I had before the Pre was released and still have now. So this is my 'serious' accusation.

    These concerns have made me thankful that I've held off purchasing more Palm gear (after a decade long, loyal user) for myself and others.
    My my, you shouldn't get one then.
    "They" aren't lying with when the Pre identifies itself, it's the Pre doing it. I think you should yell at it.

    You've offered nothing about how they are "coy" or "misleading" with their financial statements (note, not telling you what you want is neither). You have no idea how many apps have been submitted, so you're not speaking from knowledge when you make claims about that (is it ethical to make a claim to know something you don't? hmmmmm)

    And, you were concerned about all of these things before the Pre was released? Wow.... prescient? (no pun intended...)
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by fid View Post
    ok hparsons, they lie. They LIE about what the Pre's ID is to iTunes, they mislead on apps submitted. They're coy or misleading with financial statements. The company is not acting ethically.

    These were concerns I had before the Pre was released and still have now. So this is my 'serious' accusation.

    These concerns have made me thankful that I've held off purchasing more Palm gear (after a decade long, loyal user) for myself and others.
    Seriously, It's like you hate Palm now...I guess it's like the Howard Stern Syndrome or something. If they are liars and you don't trust them, why are you even paying attention to this board or the Pre? Wouldn't it make sense to ignore them?

    BTW I think the itunes thing is absolute genious, and for the less than technical people who purchased a Pre here at work(now at 4), they really appreciate the fact that it synchs with Itunes. I cant even get them to engage in a conversation about other media options...so weird. Its like the John Q Public simply does not care about how...just the why's! Oh and ever sense I told them how to disable the auto-update feature(assuming they did), it seems like it will ALWAYS synch with ITUNES
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by fid View Post
    ok hparsons, they lie. They LIE about what the Pre's ID is to iTunes
    Haha they lied to iTunes! That might be the funniest thing I've read all day, one device lied to another!
  9. #69  
    anybody know how many apps i need to delete in order to load one new app when i get the memory full error? what a pain.
    i look forward to more useful apps like a todo app

    i am thankful for the homebrew and webos-internals apps they are awesome and i do not get memory full error when i have memory availible
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    I'm still waiting for a notifications app so I don't have to root my phone again. I'm a sounds/notifications junkie.
    just use preware or webos quickinstall to add the notifications app no rooting required
  11. #71  
    It seems that Palm just took down the Catalog once again and I just found something I was actually going to purchase!

    Rob

    Check out something called Newsroom!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    It seems that Palm just took down the Catalog once again and I just found something I was actually going to purchase!

    Rob

    Check out something called Newsroom!
    Great Program...been using it for a couple of days now. There is a thread about it in this forum, and the dev is in there answering questions and listening to our suggestions.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Haha they lied to iTunes! That might be the funniest thing I've read all day, one device lied to another!
    when you put it that way, it really IS funny. I may have just met my smart-a match.
  14. fid
    fid is offline
    fid's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Seriously, It's like you hate Palm now...I guess it's like the Howard Stern Syndrome or something. If they are liars and you don't trust them, why are you even paying attention to this board or the Pre? Wouldn't it make sense to ignore them?

    BTW I think the itunes thing is absolute genious, and for the less than technical people who purchased a Pre here at work(now at 4), they really appreciate the fact that it synchs with Itunes. I cant even get them to engage in a conversation about other media options...so weird. Its like the John Q Public simply does not care about how...just the why's! Oh and ever sense I told them how to disable the auto-update feature(assuming they did), it seems like it will ALWAYS synch with ITUNES
    Well, like hparsons stated, I probably won't be touching this product since the last time I 'beta' tested for Palm I was paid for it (not the other way around). Keep the faith, gentlemen.

    Since we're throwing out anecdotal stories, the one person I knew that had a Pre took it back shortly after purchase because it STOPPED working with iTunes properly (although there were other issues as well).

    It's funny now when I think of it (in hindsight), Sprint advising (or screening) him to make sure he wasn't expecting too much in the phone.
  15. #75  
    They added another one.... Bubble Level, it's free. I can now report, that according to my Pre, my desk and my floor are nice and level.
  16. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    anybody know how many apps i need to delete in order to load one new app when i get the memory full error? what a pain.
    i look forward to more useful apps like a todo app

    i am thankful for the homebrew and webos-internals apps they are awesome and i do not get memory full error when i have memory availible
    yeah i got that too. i deleted a bunch of apps but couldnt install anything from the app catalog. preware installs apps flawlessly. does it need to be said how far homebrew is ahead of Palm apps? oh wait i just did.
  17. kkacatin's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    They added another one.... Bubble Level, it's free. I can now report, that according to my Pre, my desk and my floor are nice and level.
    Is it me or is the vertical angle readout different from the actual bubble reading? The bubble's top is above the top line and it reads 0.0.
  18. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    They added another one.... Bubble Level, it's free. I can now report, that according to my Pre, my desk and my floor are nice and level.
    Great little app!

    I used to think my accelerometer was screwed, cause it sometimes messes with the browser orientation. But I guess it's Palm's software that's not working properly.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    They added another one.... Bubble Level, it's free. I can now report, that according to my Pre, my desk and my floor are nice and level.
    I haven't tried any "carpenter level" sort of apps because the Pre does not have a flat edge (which, to me, makes the device sort of useless as a level).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    I'm still waiting for a notifications app so I don't have to root my phone again. I'm a sounds/notifications junkie.
    This does not require "rooting" and hasn't for a while now. Just use Preware. It can install a notifications app for you.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions