Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nice typo on the description to Bogus caller.

"Use this simple applicaton to get out of boring meetings, lunch dates, or andy other situation that you can think of."

Poor andy
  2.    #22  
    Hmm I just istalled service first reboted my phone then istalled the app and works great. Thanks guys.
    ho hum!! ehh
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    nothing to see move along....
    Just another bunch of fluff..... what happened to the over flow, the sea of apps? This is more like an old mans dribble. These app's are not what I expected for the palm. Honestly, who here thought we were going to go through such a painstaking and costly app store?

I remember when we were all first talking about the store and the potential apps and how were we're to expect greater things than what the iphone has because lets face it, the iphone has a lotta apps and a lotta crap too. How dare you guys charge so much for these app, and those of you that give excuses like WM charged upwards of 10 - 30 bucks for their apps, who cares.... Thats why I own a Pre.

I for one will not spend a single cent on any app until I feel it is worth the money. $4.99 for 50 gem's are you kidding me and *** is bobble for a buck.... I can live without it. I appreciate the homebrewers I do, but don't confuse the $5 donations we provided you to move your app on and support you with what you should charge us for your so called finished app. I personally think it's a slap in the face. Bitten the hand that fed you, you have!

To Palm.... I'm now on strike, I will not purchase a single app untill the proper API's are out to create the apps we're all looking forward too. I love word ace and card ace THERE FRIKEN FREE..... Stitcher Radio, media fly.... If I played golf the Gold Pin finder would probably be worth the money.

I am shocked at the prices you guys have chosen to put your apps at.
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    Just another bunch of fluff..... what happened to the over flow, the sea of apps? This is more like an old mans dribble. These app's are not what I expected for the palm. Honestly, who here thought we were going to go through such a painstaking and costly app store?

I remember when we were all first talking about the store and the potential apps and how were we're to expect greater things than what the iphone has because lets face it, the iphone has a lotta apps and a lotta crap too. How dare you guys charge so much for these app, and those of you that give excuses like WM charged upwards of 10 - 30 bucks for their apps, who cares.... Thats why I own a Pre.

I for one will not spend a single cent on any app until I feel it is worth the money. $4.99 for 50 gem's are you kidding me and *** is bobble for a buck.... I can live without it. I appreciate the homebrewers I do, but don't confuse the $5 donations we provided you to move your app on and support you with what you should charge us for your so called finished app. I personally think it's a slap in the face. Bitten the hand that fed you, you have!

To Palm.... I'm now on strike, I will not purchase a single app untill the proper API's are out to create the apps we're all looking forward too. I love word ace and card ace THERE FRIKEN FREE..... Stitcher Radio, media fly.... If I played golf the Gold Pin finder would probably be worth the money.

Please! No one is twisting your arm. If you don't want to pay no one is making you. Everyone has a right to charge whatever they want for their product. If you don't feel it's worth it, don't buy it. It's as simple as that.
    no doubt these apps are horendous what a let down, 4 months now i have owned a $450 phone that is comparable to a $100 dumb phone just with a nice screen. Palm has violated my trust as a consumer, I felt I was helping to save the company and it turns out I am nothing but a stepping stone that they used. It is not the developers fault but I too refuse to not only buy any apps but will not be buying any palm accessories either.
    say what you will about apples first apps but they invented the game so they had to start from scratch, and being a 1st gen phone is no excuse. How do you sell a 1st gen phone for the same price as a third gen phone and not compete. Poor customer service I will never buy another palm product again, i'll let somebody else be their stepping stone!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    No one should really be surprised. Dev's choice and all that aside... it sort of makes sense. Right now there aren't a ton of choices for apps in general and even less to serve a specific given function. I completely expected prices to be a little high on some apps (definitely not all, which seems to be the case) until the catalog is a lot more robust.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    no doubt these apps are horendous what a let down, 4 months now i have owned a $450 phone that is comparable to a $100 dumb phone just with a nice screen. Palm has violated my trust as a consumer, I felt I was helping to save the company and it turns out I am nothing but a stepping stone that they used. It is not the developers fault but I too refuse to not only buy any apps but will not be buying any palm accessories either.
    say what you will about apples first apps but they invented the game so they had to start from scratch, and being a 1st gen phone is no excuse. How do you sell a 1st gen phone for the same price as a third gen phone and not compete. Poor customer service I will never buy another palm product again, i'll let somebody else be their stepping stone!
    Honestly (and sincerely) that stinks that you're unhappy with your Pre. I hope you find a way to change your situation so that you are happier soon. Personally speaking, I love my Pre. I got it on release day and it has been the best phone I've ever had since that day. Way better than my Touch Pro, or Ocean, or any of the other phones I've owned.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Well said.... But I'm not saying I don't like my Pre... On the contrary I love my Pre it really is revolutionary IMHO.... My beef is more with the apps that are out there and what's being charged for them.

As it was mentioned to me earlier, I will exercise my right not to make a purchase, but I ask you to do it with me... Demand better Apps... peacefully of course. Do so by letting Palm know we are not pawns they move around, but we chose to purchase a phone we all knew full well we were beta testing for them, but don't stick it in my face like it was your plan all along.... Homebrewers again, I thank you for everything you've done. To Palm, your moving at a snails pace and honestly we care about you and want you to move forward.... so please do!

App catalog prices need to come down, don't try screwing us because your the first batch.

Whose com'n with me.... whose com'n with me. I will not purchase crap from the app store untill they lower the prices and do somthing with this 2d crap!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Awesome! But where is Tweed 1.0?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I've purchased a few apps from 1.99 to 4.99 and value the purchases so far.
    Don't get me wrong I do like my pre a lot for the few uses that it has and I can wait for palm to update the soft ware, just need to get some quality apps out there to make use of the phones capabilities. I am not a techie so I do not want to hack my phone and should not have to. This process is taking way too long simply because palm rushed the phone to the market to beat the new iphone and I the consumer is paying the price for it.

If palm was so flooded with apps where are the quality sponsord apps?

Palm also needs to give the developers what they need to build good apps
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just tried the homebrew flashlight again and still no go. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm unable to uninstall the led service as well.
    people just trying to make a quick buck.. garbage apps
    but we chose to purchase a phone we all knew full well we were beta testing for them

Sorry,

I must of missed that. Can you point me to the commercial that said warning you are puchasing a "beta phone"
    I've purchased a couple apps now, and I've enjoyed each of them. All is well with me as far as I'm concerned.
    Sprint Nav always could do what Intersection does. It is under the SHARE AND MORE option. And it's more accurate.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I've purchased a few apps from 1.99 to 4.99 and value the purchases so far.
    You obviously never owned a ipod touch or iphone.
  20. fid
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If palm was so flooded with apps where are the quality sponsord apps?

Palm also needs to give the developers what they need to build good apps

Palm has lied again. This (along with not addressing things such as the app partition) is what keeps me from wanting to invest again in Palm products. Maybe it will get better, I just don't think it can with the current SDK.
    Last edited by fid; 10/09/2009 at 05:04 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast