1. jzb
    Although my New HP does recognize it for multimedia files, it doen't see it as a USB drive. Any suggestions as to how to get it to work will be much appreciated
    Did you choose the storage option when plugging your phone in?
    Try putting the phone in USB Drive mode. Just touch the USB symbol on the bottom of the phone when already plugged in and it gives you the option. The Pre will then have a big USB symbol taking up the entire screen.
  4. jzb
    When I plug in the pre I try the USB option and then get a request to install a linus driver
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    What do you mean a request to install a "linus driver"?
  6. jzb
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Try putting the phone in USB Drive mode. Just touch the USB symbol on the bottom of the phone when already plugged in and it gives you the option. The Pre will then have a big USB symbol taking up the entire screen.
    When the USB symbol comes up and I go the the drives the pre is not represented
  7. jzb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    What do you mean a request to install a "linus driver"?
    The message comes up on my Laptop
    Linus? It's just a mass storage device with a FAT32 file system; any Windows machine should be able to open this...

What OS are you running [on your computer]?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Have you tried using another USB slot? For some reason, the PC at my job doesn't recognize my phone when I use the front USB slot - it only recognizes it when I plug it into the back USB. Have you tried rebooting your phone and your computer?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    When I use the microUSB cord the Pre came with I have no isues. However, sometimes I use my wife's charging cable from her Lotus. I find that the Pre is not as responsive with this cable, most of the time not recognizing that I've plugged it in, unless I have the screen shut off. Try shutting the screen off and then plugging the cord in and see if that helps.