1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the GSM Pre being launched next week will have any built in mapping app (apart from Google maps of course)?

Looking in the O2 magazine at the double page spread for the Pre (UK O2 launch is the 16th Oct) there is no mention of mapping but then it doesn't mention much other than email, contacts and calendars.

Assuming there is no app built in, anyone recon there will be a 3rd party app in the pipeline? I must admit, I'm not too keen on the idea of such apps downloading maps on the fly as there are many occasions driving around when there is no network coverage and the idea that you would lose your satnav at these times really sucks, and what about when overseas? I certainly wouldn't want to pay data roaming charges just so I could find my way around.

At present I use TomTom on my Treo 680 and it works well all over Europe and in the States. I'd love to think the Pre will do the same or better.
    I asked the same thing on here yesterday LOL No I dont think it will come loaded on the Pre from o2 like they do with there XDA range .
    Maybe someone will make it if there's the user base but I would'nt hold your breath.
    Just wondered if there's been any news on the SatNav front? I've used Windows Mobile phones for the apst few months, so always been able to run TomTom.

But with my new Pre, there is absolutely no Satnav for the UK - unless anyone knows differently??
    Quote Originally Posted by wonka68 View Post
    Just wondered if there's been any news on the SatNav front? I've used Windows Mobile phones for the apst few months, so always been able to run TomTom.

But with my new Pre, there is absolutely no Satnav for the UK - unless anyone knows differently??
    nope none