1.    #1  
    I just got a call from Palm asking a few questions, mostly about exchanging my pre and why it was exchanged and if i have current problems and how my experience with sprint was while exchanging it.

that was werid. I could see if SPRINT called, but it was PALM. Isn't it like.. not legal for sprint to give them your number or something? lol..
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Did they then ask for your credit card or bank account #'s to wire transfer you a credit from Nigeria?
    I did too, and I got a survey online from them. I filled it out poorly because they still havent solved my issue with my contacts being erased...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    Did they then ask for your credit card or bank account #'s to wire transfer you a credit from Nigeria?
    haha no...

the lady made it quick and short adn was polite and did not ask any information other than abotu the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    I just got a call from Palm asking a few questions, mostly about exchanging my pre and why it was exchanged and if i have current problems and how my experience with sprint was while exchanging it.

that was werid. I could see if SPRINT called, but it was PALM. Isn't it like.. not legal for sprint to give them your number or something? lol..
    I'd guess that Sprint was the agent where you exchanged your Pre under a Palm factory warranty. If this was the case, then maybe Palm is just auditing Sprint's work to make sure the warranty exchange was done correctly.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I got the request for an online survey, which I filled out.
    Palm called me a month ago, and as a result of that call, I received a new battery. Didn't have to even provide mailing address because they already had it. So, not suprising to me that you would be called.
  8.    #8  
    I should have complained more, maybe got a nice new pre or something haha...

I was honest with them. I told them that my current pre has a lot of light leakage from the bottom and that it turns colors when it gets warm.. but i got tired of dealing with sprint and exchanging pres.

at least they care, or are acting that they care, about our expereience and feedback
    Palm already has your telephone number. I have no doubt it is included in the "phone home" data they collect.
    I am on my sixth Pre in just over six weeks. The last three keep going "Phone Offline' and "No Service".

Sprint is baffled. I haven't even paid for the phone yet.

Other than that, I really dislike the Pre. It looks like Palm took all best features of their earlier products and excluded them from the Pre.

As a 10 year Palm user, I think the Pre is cumbersome and short of what an updated Treo would have been.

I am not a techie, just a user that knows what works and doesn't work.

My old 755p stopped working after 2.5 years and I chose to go with Sprint's Flagship phone-Pre.
    I really don't like this phone, but Sprint does not have anything else close to it since they stopped selling the 755p.

Right now I am just waiting for the Hero...hopefully it will be worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post

Palm is taking customer service MUCH more seriously now these days so if replacements occur, they may want to know why to make a better experience in the future
    I figure that when you first set up / sign in to your Palm Profile, the phone number probably automatically uploads to the profile as a hidden field or something.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com