1.    #1  
    I lost my web the day 1.2 came out and just recently got it back (I just relocated). I am still using 1.1 and from gleeming the forums it seems like there has been alot of problems with both updates recently. I love my WOQI patches and am worried they will make the update proccess troublesome for me (even if I remove them first). Is 1.2.1 causing problems for allot of people or only a select few?

Is there something common amongst these groups that maybe I can avoid for myself? I really don't want to have to doctor my phone and wipe it right now. I simply don't have the time or patience to install all my home brew apps and I want my WOQI patches and theme back.
    I dont know if its stable or not but I just lost all my media files...music/pictures/vidoes for NO REASON!! The damn thing just restarted randomly this morning and all is gone...

But tweaks and Themes are still there?! ***
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes, 1.2.1 is stable. The problem is that A LOT of people either didn't remove tweaks and patches BEFORE downloading the last update or they already had existing issues that they thought the 1.2.1 update would magically fix. If you haven't updated your phone yet and you want to but are unsure because of all the problems people are reporting, then do the following: first, make sure you phone doesn't have any pre-existing problems with the OS. Second, BACK UP! Third, remove all, and by all I mean ALL, tweaks and patches that you've uploaded to your phone including the virtual keyboard patch. This third step is by far the most important step, I would recommend removing all your tweaks and patches via WebOSQI and then check to verify on Preware (if you have it on your phone that is), that ALL tweaks and patches have been removed. The fourth step is to do a final reboot. Your phone should now be ready for 1.2.1. I know how you feel, but trust me once you how much more streamlined the tweaking processess is as well as the ease of installing themes for your dialer, you'll thank yourself for updating! Good Luck.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    Yes, 1.2.1 is stable. The problem is that A LOT of people either didn't remove tweaks and patches BEFORE downloading the last update or they already had existing issues that they thought the 1.2.1 update would magically fix. If you haven't updated your phone yet and you want to but are unsure because of all the problems people are reporting, then do the following: first, make sure you phone doesn't have any pre-existing problems with the OS. Second, BACK UP! Third, remove all, and by all I mean ALL, tweaks and patches that you've uploaded to your phone including the virtual keyboard patch. This third step is by far the most important step, I would recommend removing all your tweaks and patches via WebOSQI and then check to verify on Preware (if you have it on your phone that is), that ALL tweaks and patches have been removed. The fourth step is to do a final reboot. Your phone should now be ready for 1.2.1. I know how you feel, but trust me once you how much more streamlined the tweaking processess is as well as the ease of installing themes for your dialer, you'll thank yourself for updating! Good Luck.
    I don't use "preware" so after I remove the patches with "webosquickinstall" should I do anything else? I never installed the virtual keyboard patch btw. How should I back up my phone? Do you just mean my pics and what not?