1.    #1  
    I was riding the train into work this morning and while listening to a cd on Music (remix) it started stuttering really bad and the phone just reset for no reason.

When it came back on, I noticed that my wallpaper was gone...then I tried to play my music again and there were no files! I looked at my photos, all gone too!!! Even all my videos are gone, I only had the demo on there.....

My homebrew apps are still on there, and so are all my tweaks. I have NEVER had this problem before

The only thing that I can think of is that Palm and I have been working to get my contacts back on my phone. When I get a refurb about a month ago, none of my contacts came over to my phone. I have been trying to get them to add these back for about 3 weeks now. Do you think they tried to do a remote clean erase of all information on my phone and then try to add contacts back?

BTW no contacts are back and my memo's are still there in the memo pad...so I am not for sure what happened. I tried battery pull, and basic reset (orange, sym, R) still nothing...help!!
  2.    #2  
    anyone?!!? heellpp any bad/good/sarcastic advice
    i lost my bookmarks yesterday.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    and now my vibrate doesnt work when I get a text...*** is going on with this phone
    You mention that you have some "tweaks" but you don't mention what version of the OS you have. Have you updated to 1.2.1, and how did you update? Nothing against the folks who like to tweak their phone, but it seems like there's quite a few people who don't quite realize what they're doing ... in which case they're playing with fire and will likely get burned.

But beyond that it's odd that (apparently) your media partition got wiped. Haven't heard any other reports of that. Have you been able to check the actual USB drive yet? You must have a backup of what you've synced on you're desktop, right?

And, one more thing ... don't depend on Palm Profile. Get a Google account and use it for your contacts so you can make copies and have control over your data.
  6.    #6  
    I do have 1.2.1 but had no tweaks on 1.2.0 when I installed 1.2.1, just have some installed now.

I have not checked the USB drive, I am at work, but will do so as soon as I get home.

I have a Gmail account, and I have seen how people talk about putting their contacts on google to store them all, but I do not understand? Do I simply make my Gmail account my primary profile and then everyones contacts are saved to my Gmail? Could someone explain this... sorry

Also, I still cant get the damn phone to vibrate or ring now when a text comes through! Calls work fine though...
    Web OS doctor it. I would say its probably a glitch and I doubt had anything to do with Palm trying to wipe it. Oh and the vibrate for text problem probably has to do with the LED tweak.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 10/09/2009 at 11:15 AM.
  8.    #8  
    oh damn really? That stinks, I will WebOS doctor it and hopefully it all works out ok!
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Don't WebOS doctor is til you try to get the files off via USB.. If you WebOS doctor it before trying, you'll DEFINITELY lose your data.
  10.    #10  
    I luckly have saved all the photos before hand on my desktop when I was getting refurbs. So that is ok, and my music is all on my computer so I should be ok with that.

we shall c if this works! Hopefully it does
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    I have a Gmail account, and I have seen how people talk about putting their contacts on google to store them all, but I do not understand? Do I simply make my Gmail account my primary profile and then everyones contacts are saved to my Gmail? Could someone explain this... sorry.
    Yes, just make your gmail account your "Default Account" in your Contacts app. Any changes made to either the Pre or to your Google contacts get synced to both places. And, you can export/import data from the Google account easily (like if you want a secondary backup on you desktop).
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    Do I simply make my Gmail account my primary profile and then everyones contacts are saved to my Gmail? Could someone explain this... sorry
    Just a slight clarification ...

Any contacts that are on your phone now (i.e. stuff that's been saved to your Palm Profile) will not get copied to Google. Only stuff that's entered on the Pre while Google is your "default account" will get synced to Google.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Yes, just make your gmail account your "Default Account" in your Contacts app. Any changes made to either the Pre or to your Google contacts get synced to both places. And, you can export/import data from the Google account easily (like if you want a secondary backup on you desktop).
    Unless I'm doing something wrong, Palm contacts will not sync to Google contacts. You'd have to convert them all to Google contacts, if that's possible.

I just went though trying to find a way to easily convert/port my Palm contact list (same one I've moved from previous phones) to Google and it don't work. Google contact on either the Pre or on-line update almost instantly. And instead of linking contact on the Pre, I can "combine" contacts on Google and sync to my Pre.

I wish there was a clean way to standardize contacts neatly.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Just a slight clarification ...

Any contacts that are on your phone now (i.e. stuff that's been saved to your Palm Profile) will not get copied to Google. Only stuff that's entered on the Pre while Google is your "default account" will get synced to Google.
    That's better. Now how to change that?
  15.    #15  
    wow I didnt know it was that easy, I dont mind entered my phone numbers again as long as I have them all and they are stored somewhere safe like google....unlike the damn palm profile!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just had the same thing happen as the OP. Was listening to music remix, it started to stutter really bad, phone restarted and the original wallpaper was set as the background. All my music and photos appear to be gone. I haven't had a chance to hook it up to USB yet to check and see if it's actually wiped though. But there are no albums on the phone and neither Music Player or Remix is finding any music files.

I don't have any tweaks and have only installed a few applications (topple, blocked, music player remix, and a program I'm working on) via webos quickinstall.

The music player remix is v.0.12.1 and I'm running webos 1.3.1.

It was very random - thus far I've had very good luck with my Pre having basically no issues. Anyone else seen this issue or does it seem to be isolated to us two unlucky folks?