Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    after reboot! everything is the SAME as before and tried to "install" the 4x4 tweek again and NO LUCK!

Leftyman (or anyone) what would the best thing to do be? Use Dr (is that a hard reset?) or wait it out and see if the next update fixes it?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Looks like it might be time for you to save all of your music, videos, PDF's, Documents, wallpaper, screen captures and downloads on to your PC and use WebOS Doctor. Yeah, it sucks, but it'll work.
    thats all I got...sorry.

And yes using the WebOS Dr is basically a hard reset of your phone.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    Looks like it might be time for you to save all of your music, videos, PDF's, Documents, wallpaper, screen captures and downloads on to your PC and use WebOS Doctor. Yeah, it sucks, but it'll work.
    so just use the USB to PC and click the "storage" pop up and then copy everything over to the PC then use the Doc and then Copy everything back?

anything else that I would have to do?

also will that unlink all of my contact that I have linked?

and will I have to do all the "updates" again? (will i be back to WebOS 1.0)?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Someone who has done this? (Used the Doc to Reset the Device) Can you walk me through the steps so that I don't LOOSE anything that I want to keep?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Your palm profile will back up contacts and such. Everything on the usb drive you will have to back up as you will loose all that. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html follow this link and then do all the instructions for the webos doctor ....good luck. (there's a link for it there)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Your palm profile will back up contacts and such. Everything on the usb drive you will have to back up as you will loose all that. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html follow this link and then do all the instructions for the webos doctor ....good luck. (there's a link for it there)
    which page? there are like 1,000,000 pages to go through in that thread
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    which page? there are like 1,000,000 pages to go through in that thread
    click on the "sprint" (Im assuming you have Sprint) download link directly below the red writing...

that is the link for the DR app...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Ya first page first post.
    follow the directions carefully make sure you have your login info for your palm profile to recover your contacts, move your music and pics to your computer and go to it.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ok I feel retarted because i don't see anything to tell me how to go through the steps for running the Doc? i see that it mentions it and then two links to download it but don't see any "procedure" to follow to WIPE it clean. what am i missing?

also what do i need to do to keep my "Mileage Monitor" information?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    click on the "sprint" (Im assuming you have Sprint) download link directly below the red writing...

that is the link for the DR app...
    that just downloads it... did that back when i got quick install! do I need to do that again?

and what can i do to keep my "Mileage Monitor" information?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    make sure you have your login info for your palm profile to recover your contacts
    I am pretty sure I remember this info but how do I verify that I know it? where can I Look?
    you know by any chance do you know if you have the latest versions of WebOS Quick Install and WebOSDoctor, if you have the incorrect versions that could be the cause of all this.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    quick install is the 2.7 something and the doc is just the one that i got first time i installed quick install...

I am about to click the button to start the WIPE! Should I proceed?
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    quick install is the 2.7 something and the doc is just the one that i got first time i installed quick install...

I am about to click the button to start the WIPE! Should I proceed?
    yes, you might as well and then start fresh.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yes, you might as well and then start fresh.
    ok Here it GOES
    But please, before you start to reapply tweaks and apps make sure you download the appropriate versions of WebOS Quick Install and WebOSDoctor and make sure you understand how to use them.
    I used the Emergency tool to erase all my patches and tweaks on accident and it worked flawlessly.

If I were you, just do the hard reset.

ps. The glitchiest part of all the patches and tweaks from what I've seen are the 4x4 and 5x4 launcher tweaks. I had all my apps blend into one screen and start to overlap eachother at one point. I think it's because I installed the Launcher Page tweak and didn't realize what it was for, so I deleted a whole bunch of pages on accident.

Point being, the Emergency Patch Removal tool worked perfectly, so if its not working for you then I think you are out of luck.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    But please, before you start to reapply tweaks and apps make sure you download the appropriate versions of WebOS Quick Install and WebOSDoctor and make sure you understand how to use them.
    lol I do NOW!

I have the right version of WebOS Quick Install

What version of WebOSDoctor do I need?

And I know how to use apps and tweaks but I just missed one point about removing "Similar" tweaks before installing different ones... i.e.. 4x4, 5x4 etc! RIGHT?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast