Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, well I broke my palm pre.. Replaced it with an insurance claim thru sprint. But anyhow, i went to back up my phone and all my apps but the ones from homebrew apps are gone. Well I have 1.2.1 and I cant seemed to get the homeapps back on my phone any suggestion or help?
    Well I am not positive, but I wouldn't think that the Palm profile would backup the Homebrew apps since they are not native to the pre and its installation method. Palm probably has it set up to where the apps are redownloaded from links that it has set up within its system via the app store and, since homebrew apps aren't in there, it doesn't include them.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpoetess View Post
    Well I have 1.2.1 and I cant seemed to get the homeapps back on my phone any suggestion or help?
    How did you get them on the first time? Pretty much the same process.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    How did you get them on the first time? Pretty much the same process.

Yes, I went thru the whole process as I did to get them on, but it gives me an error message. Then I saw on there that Homebrew Apps doesnt work for 1.2.0 but what about 1.2.1? I really want my homebrew apps. Need help to reinstall it.
    Download the new version of WebOS Quick Install located in this post.

I suggest downloading it into a new folder. When you launch it, it should prompt you to download WebOS Doctor, make sure you download it into the same folder.

What kind of error messages are you getting?
  6.    #6  

I suggest downloading it into a new folder. When you launch it, it should prompt you to download WebOS Doctor, make sure you download it into the same folder.

What kind of error messages are you getting?

error device not connected. but the device is connected. I am gonna retry what you put real quick. and then ill get back to you and let ya know if i get another error.. brb. thanks for the link
    Possessed By Thine Dreams...

I concur. I've used this after I had to WebOS doctor my Pre after not realizing that one theme needs to be uninstalled before downloading another. It worked very well. I tend to only install Preware and the service it needs via WebOS Quick Install (and then I download the remaining Homebrew APPs via Preware). I do this simply because I like downloading the apps directly from the phone (as I suspect you will too).

I'd also recommend that novice users only install the minimal set of tweaks that they need. WebOS Quick Install seems to have the easiest interface for installing tweaks.

While I don't consider myself a total novice, I use the above two approaches mostly because it simplifies me being able to remember what I did in the event that problems occur. Simplifying things helps to prevent unexpected problems (and for me, minimizing problems is a good thing on a communications device). I hope this helps. Good luck getting the new Pre customized the way your old one was! (Maybe even take notes, so you will know what to do if the same thing happens again.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpoetess View Post
    error device not connected. but the device is connected. I am gonna retry what you put real quick. and then ill get back to you and let ya know if i get another error.. brb. thanks for the link
    You probably forgot to re-enable dev-mode. You need to enter the konami code in universal search again. (After this is done and Preware has been installed, it will be easy to get the dev-mode app to make the dev-mode switching process easier.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    You probably forgot to re-enable dev-mode. You need to enter the konami code in universal search again. (After this is done and Preware has been installed, it will be easy to get the dev-mode app to make the dev-mode switching process easier.)
    nope did that too. i made sure it was set up. i am going to try again.. im on my other laptop downloading that link from the previous reply and gonna start again. Hopefully I can get it. Thanks for the advice.
    Also, here is an install guide to get started. Make sure to follow all the steps.

I'm pretty sure I had to reboot my pc the first time in order for it to recognize my device.
  11.    #11  
    Also, is an install guide to get started. Make sure to follow all the steps.

I'm pretty sure I had to reboot my pc the first time in order for it to recognize my device.
    Thanks. I will definitly do that.
  12.    #12  
    Be right back gonna install the programs (different laptop) and try it again. I will msg back when I get it completed. Thanks for all the replies..
  13.    #13  
    Did all the steps and still nothing.

Error Msg given. No Device Found.

Can someone pls help me so I can get homebrew apps back on my phone. I had them on my old phone but since it was broken I had to replace it. I have webos 1.2.1 and when I did my back up on the new phone it only brought back the apps from the app catalog. I did try to reinstall everything as stated in the guide and did everything I was suppose to and still got the same error .. HELP! I miss my homebrew apps..
    When you hook up your Pre, did you make sure to choose "Just charge?"

When you open up WebOS Quick install, choose file, options, make sure USB device is selected and also try attempting to re-install Novacom.

I know you said you were in Developer mode, but may want to triple check that.

Can you describe the steps you are taking up until you get "No Device found?"

Also, here is a troubleshooting guide. See the steps for "No device found."
    Last edited by Trekker; 10/08/2009 at 08:21 PM.
    I went through this. I was sooooo mad at first. I downloaded the new ver. of WebOS and it made me feel all warm inside.
  16.    #16  
    When you hook up your Pre, did you make sure to choose "Just charge?"

When you open up WebOS Quick install, choose file, options, make sure USB device is selected and also try attempting to re-install Novacom.

I know you said you were in Developer mode, but may want to triple check that.

Can you describe the steps you are taking up until you get "No Device found?"

Also, is a troubleshooting guide. See the steps for "No device found."
    I first updated my java to the lastest. Made sure it was in deve mode (i did ) downloaded the web doc and webosquick install , phone is plugged in just charge mode. went to the homebrew apps its it did the novacom and then tried to put file coaster in my phone and then got the error.
    You could try rebooting your PC and also your phone. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly.
  18.    #18  
    You could try rebooting your PC and also your phone. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly.
    gonna reboot brb thanks for the advice..
    Gotta run...hope you get it working!
  20.    #20  
    Gotta run...hope you get it working!
    worked as you said it would.. needed to reboot.. thanks soo much..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast