Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like they're about to drop outta that cloud ........
    don't hold your breath!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    don't hold your breath!!!
    I know... Believe me, i know. LOL
    I am pretty sure monday was app day this week, and if we do get apps they will probably all be pathetic games.
    Palm is trying at least!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    What's the rush, you can only install a finite number anyway...
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    As long as they don't fix that stupid limitation error, they can add all the apps they want, but it will be useless...
    I am filling up.
    Not like alot of us can install tme b/c we are over the limit with homebrews, and moany (like me) dont feel like deleating everything just to install some app from the app cat. that we already have a diff (or the same app) just like it in the homebrews. not once they lift the sace restriction, then I will get excited about new apps.
  10.    #10  
    I am pretty sure monday was app day this week, and if we do get apps they will probably all be pathetic games.
    That's def true.
    I just wish the SDK allowed for robust games like Picture Hunt-type games. If only the App Catalog had one or two...

If we had that, we could tell other App Stores to suck it. Yeah, that's the ticket....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I just wish the SDK allowed for robust games like Picture Hunt-type games. If only the App Catalog had one or two...

If we had that, we could tell other App Stores to suck it. Yeah, that's the ticket....
    lol
    And you're basing that prediction on ... ???
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    What's the rush, you can only install a finite number anyway...
    Do you know of any device that stores an infinite amount of data?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And you're basing that prediction on ... ???
    He's probably basing that on the history of what we've gotten so far (except wobble words, luv that game). We need apps that will add functionality to this phone. We need a file manager that we can use to create, modify and password protect folders away from the PC.
    That's y we got what we thought was a smartphone.
    There's more we need too, but I gotta go to work right now, so I can't finish the list- but it's all been said b4. (Beating a dead horse)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/08/2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

Yeah, then we could get some really good Fart Apps
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    He's probably basing that on the history of what we've gotten so far (except wobble words, luv that game). We need apps that will add functionality to this phone. We need a file manager that we can use to create, modify and password protect folders away from the PC.
    That's y we got what we thought was a smartphone.
    There's more we need too, but I gotta go to work right now, so I can't finish the list- but it's all been said b4. (Beating a dead horse)
    Well, except most of the Apps released so far aren't games, "pathetic" or otherwise.

Right now, there are 123 apps, 41 of which are games, and several of which seem to be very good games.

Right now, the top 10 apps, in order are:
    1. Pic-Hunt - Vintage cars
    2. Translator
    3. Pandora Radio
    4. wikiHow
    5. AccuRadio
    6. Simple Bible
    7. Word Whirl
    8. Infopedia Bet
    9. m:Mafia
    10. GolfPinFinder

Looks to me like a fairly eclectic selection, after only a few days out.

I'm a bit disappointed at the number (123), I figured we'd have about double that by this time. But I have plenty on my Pre to keep me busy.

Seriously, if I felt this was "pathetic", I'd be taking it back.

I'm not sure who this "we" is, but I don't need an app to protect file systems on my Pre. That's not what I got it for...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Right now, the top 10 apps, in order are:
    1. Pic-Hunt - Vintage cars
    2. Translator
    3. Pandora Radio
    4. wikiHow
    5. AccuRadio
    6. Simple Bible
    7. Word Whirl
    8. Infopedia Bet
    9. m:Mafia
    10. GolfPinFinder
    Of those, 2 are worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    That's just like, your opinion man.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    You're missing the point. 2 may be worthwhile to you, but apparently someone out there is liking them.

Actually, my selection out of those 10 are 4 of them that I find useful, and here's the real rub... they're probably different than the 2 you pick...

Which is my point.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast