1.    #1  
    WebOS 1.03 through 1.10: battery life not great but descent.

WebOS 1.20: battery life pretty good

WebOS 1.21: battery life sucks!

Any of you experience this? I had my phone charging next to my bed all night and when I woke up it was at 100%. I went and took a shower and came back to a phone with 73% (It was only 10 minutes away from the phone and I had done a restart. I charged it for a bit before I left for work (for 25 minutes) and left with the battery at 83%.

Leave home at 6:28am: Battery 83%
    Got home and is 3:56pm: Battery 48% (with two short phone calls and installing a different theme and one email.

I have the screen brightness at 30% <>
    Push Gmail is on as it always has been
    Bluetooth and WiFi are off
    GPS is on (I take the bus everywhere and GPS helps with bus routing for new places or catching a bus that comes quicker).
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    I'm not scientific, but my overall battery life seems to be the same. Certainly no big differences...
    Agree, my battery life is brutal now and I don't even use it for calls. Used to last almost all day, now I'm charging it twice a day.
    Battery after 1.2.1 is great....unless you installed the LED notification patch. It drained mine fast until I uninstalled it. Also make sure location services did not get turned back on like mine did.

worst case use WebOS Doctor and reupdate to stock pre with 1.2.1 and see if that helps.
  5.    #5  
    I just realized a big flaw in my original post. Ever since the 1.21 update, I have also had WhereIsMyPre running (until 2 days ago when I deleted it and installed Cell Stalker - I'm not in favor of either one - just trying them out).

The two programs are about the same and are great to have... but I am thinking that is the battery life killer since they use GPS and are constantly uploading data. I wish there was a less battery intensive program that could ONLY track the Pre if I got online and sent it a behind the scenes "Push" notification - that way it is only used if I want it to be (as a security feature if I lose it).

Come to think of that, I'm going to start a new post requesting that those two apps give some kind of option to do that.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    mines too....took off charger at 6 am and little use from 8 til 930 in class...by 930 its down to 18% charge for a full hour in car and 615 I currently have33% ***
    wow !!! I thought I was the only one with the issue. Ever since my upgrade to v 1.2.1, my battery sucks <<edited by berd>>. No, for real, I have my mail set on manual, gps, wifi, vibrate turned off, minimum brightness patch installed, screen turns off after 30 sec and my battery only last 7 hrs at the very max... Is there any other tip around to make my battery last?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/11/2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Foul
    Quote Originally Posted by devilxl84 View Post
    wow !!! I thought I was the only one with the issue. Ever since my upgrade to v 1.2.1, my battery sucks <<edited by berd>>. No, for real, I have my mail set on manual, gps, wifi, vibrate turned off, minimum brightness patch installed, screen turns off after 30 sec and my battery only last 7 hrs at the very max... Is there any other tip around to make my battery last?
    Yep, there's definitely a way to make the battery last longer! All you need to do is turn off your evdo data connection, in the Phone Preferences screen. You'll still be able to receive SMS and text messages. Turn it back on when you need to check email or access the web. Your battery life will double!
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/11/2009 at 01:42 AM.