Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Sabol74's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am not sure if this is a OS 1.2.1 issue or not. When I open an email in Exchange or any other emails, They open right away but then take 9-10 seconds before the body of the email appears. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix this?
  2. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #2  
    if you have the auto advanced correct dictionary tweak, remove it and the email should go back to normal.
  3. #3  
    How large is your exchange profile? I had to switch to pop and smtp for my work email, my profile was so large 4GB and the lag bothered me too much.

    Now it is real quick to open,"BUT" I lost a lot in doing so. No more calendar integration, exchange contacts are gone, and folder views are gone. Doing it all throught gmail now and got calender and contacts back without my employer having my personal numbers as well.

    I cared more about knowing I had an email that needed responding to.
  4. swgdan's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    if you have the auto advanced correct dictionary tweak, remove it and the email should go back to normal.
    Thanks, worked for me!!
  5. Sabol74's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    if you have the auto advanced correct dictionary tweak, remove it and the email should go back to normal.
    I will have to wait until i get home to try this, but I bet that's it. I did just add that tweak.

    Thanks alot. I knew someone here would know the answer.
  6. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #6  
    I did too. Gonna try when I get home.
  7. crg28's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabol74 View Post
    I am not sure if this is a OS 1.2.1 issue or not. When I open an email in Exchange or any other emails, They open right away but then take 9-10 seconds before the body of the email appears. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix this?
    I am having the exact same problem. My accounts were fine and opening fast, including my exchange acct, but once I updated to 1.2.1, it slowed down a little. I have teh same 5 to 7 sec delay to open the body of the email. This is ridiculous. It got a lot worse (9 to 10sec) once I installed GDialpro (which is not currently working with 1.2.1)....
  8. Sabol74's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #8  
    Removed the "improved auto-correct dictionary" and I am back in action. No delays. Thanks again Erckul
  9. #9  
    Same here. Removed tweak and back to normal....
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabol74 View Post
    I am not sure if this is a OS 1.2.1 issue or not. When I open an email in Exchange or any other emails, They open right away but then take 9-10 seconds before the body of the email appears. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix this?
    I had the same problem and found that it sometimes depends on the email service you use, as well. I previously used comcast as my email and it was slower than a turtle with a bad hemmoroid. I then switched over to gmail and have seen a dramatic increase in email loading speed. Hope this helps
  11. #11  
    Thanks!
  12. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #12  
    happy to help out, everyone. I can't take total credit, since I read this on a previous thread.
  13. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #13  
    I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue..

    Thanks for the solution..
  14. #14  
    Uninstall auto-correction tweak.....reboot.....update feeds in preware.....reinstall tweak if it's helpful for you....reboot.....Viola!! Emails now load normal speed WITH auto correction tweak!
  15. GTMI1's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    if you have the auto advanced correct dictionary tweak, remove it and the email should go back to normal.
    That helped a lot, thanks.
  16. eclipse13's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    if you have the auto advanced correct dictionary tweak, remove it and the email should go back to normal.
    Man thanks that was driving me absolutely nuts. I went so far as doing a webos dr reinstall which fixed it only to have it return after installing tweaks. I had disabled everything email related. Anyhow after removing this its back to normal. Thanks again.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Uninstall auto-correction tweak.....reboot.....update feeds in preware.....reinstall tweak if it's helpful for you....reboot.....Viola!! Emails now load normal speed WITH auto correction tweak!
    Good to know, thanks! However, the improved dictionary no longer recognizes ill as I'll, and changes too many of my normal shorthand, so I'm gonna stick with the regular dictionary for now. I would love a user defined shortcut dictionary though. I know, wrong thread. Not trying to hijack.
  18. #18  
    man i wish this auto correct dic. tweak worked right its nice to have
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Posting Permissions