1.    #1  
    I know people will hate this but i used t9 on my old cell phone and i love it. i love the keyboard; but for just a quick easy text/reply i think that a virtual t9 keypad would be awesome like a smaller version of the phone app for messaging . Now i know people that hate t9 and i usually find out its because they do not know how to spell/text in slang/cut up words. its the same concept as having a vk in landscape its just easier more convenient now i mean this for quick texts and when your other hand is occupied.(excluding driving OK). . I dont know of anyphone that has this option and i know of other people that would like it too. Dont flame me its just a thought what do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gregcolon3; 10/08/2009 at 08:24 PM.
    No way, T9 sucks. Install the virtual keyboard if you want to do quick texting without opening the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I agree about the T9. Man would it rock to have a VK setup like HTC EZinput 2. Was the best keyboard ever for my Diamond.
  4.    #4  
    the thing about t9 in a keypad factor is less keys predictive = easier way to send a quick reply
    I don't know if this could happen since Blackberry owns it, but what about Sure Type? It works great on the Blackberry Storm. Here is an example:

If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  6.    #6  
    ok maybe I should eplain myspelf a little better I love the vk in landscape but when your holding your phone vertical it would be cool to have a keypad like the phone app with t9 reason being the keys would be bigger therefore easier to text with, with one hand. Having t9 with a full keyboard now that I don't like. T9 + keypad for messaging= a whole lot easier with one hand. I'm talking only when you have your phone vertical and only t9 with the keypad like the (phone app) not keyboard or vk.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    ok maybe I should eplain myspelf a little better I love the vk in landscape but when your holding your phone vertical it would be cool to have a keypad like the phone app with t9 reason being the keys would be bigger therefore easier to text with, with one hand. Having t9 with a full keyboard now that I don't like. T9 + keypad for messaging= a whole lot easier with one hand. I'm talking only when you have your phone vertical and only t9 with the keypad like the (phone app) not keyboard or vk.
    I get what you are saying. SureType makes it so the buttons are bigger too and is more accurate. It is very similar to T9 but there are only two letters per button.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    i say we get it fully functioning first!
  9.    #9  
    something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
    I agree about the T9. Man would it rock to have a VK setup like HTC EZinput 2. Was the best keyboard ever for my Diamond.
    I really liked HTC EZinput on my TYTN.
    still no T9 option?
  12.    #12  
    nope my friend has the samsung star on t-mobile and his phone hase this same layout as the picture above and says its the easiest fastest way to text with one hand i remember with my flip phone i didn't even have to look at my phone to text.
    IMO both gregcolon3 with t9 and kasl33 with the sure type seem like great ideas. There is a point to the one hand standard viewing. The VK is very tight and I know for myself it would be nicer to have bigger keys for my bigger then palm designer fingers.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    best text input is swype by far, atleast compared to anything I've experienced.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    best text input is swype by far, atleast compared to anything I've experienced.
    i think your right the ive never tried it but the concept of it seems very cool. even better would be swype with a keypad
    but...swype for Pre?
    I would kill for a T9 keyboard on my pre
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.