Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    My wife and I just got 2 Pre's and we need a way to visibly distinguish between the two phones. We both hate screen protectors and cases/covers. Any suggestions?
  2. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Occupied View Post
    My wife and I just got 2 Pre's and we need a way to visibly distinguish between the two phones. We both hate screen protectors and cases/covers. Any suggestions?
    Innocase by Seidio. Different colors and you'll hardly know it's there.

    bj
  3. #3  
    Put a really big scratch down the middle of her screen.

    We have the same issue in our house, but since she almost never puts hers down it hasn't been a huge problem.

    Maybe something from here: http://store.precentral.net/palm-pre-cases.htm
  4. nhyde's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #4  
    Wife and I have same thing. We just have differen wallpapers...
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  5. #5  

    You guys can fight it out to determine the lucky wearer
  6. bassaway's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #6  
    I agree with the Innocase by Seidio. WIth it, the phone feels MUCH better in my hand. I bought the Burgandy for my wife. A few days later I got jealous and had to order a black for myself. Works with Touchstone without any problems.
  7. #7  
    How about something simple like painting the power button white on one of them?
  8. #8  
    Does one of you have a Touchstone? If only one of you used it, you could tell them apart by whether or not the back was glossy or matte.

    Otherwise, you could put different wallpapers on each one or maybe one of you could leave the keyboard open when you put it down.
  9. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #9  
    OP, you say you don't like cases but I would still suggest a hard cover for them. I wasn't sure I would like mine and it turns out I think it is great. Especially on some of those drops I have had on accident (and I am very careful with my phone and they still happen). Black is the color I got, blends in with the phone and works very well.

    That or color one of your phones with a gold Sharpie.
  10. mikekey's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #10  
    Funny, after I got married last month, I upgraded my sprint plan and my wife dropped ATT and we both got Palm Pre's and because they are always with us, we never have a problem telling whose is whose.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius42 View Post
    Does one of you have a Touchstone? If only one of you used it, you could tell them apart by whether or not the back was glossy or matte.
    I was thinking the same thing, but there's no way there was only going to be one of us using a TS in my household...
  12. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #13  
    Same situation here, but it's easy, we have different wallpapers/themes, and hers has a chrome colored home button, while mine is more white. (mine also has a slight oreo twist, while hers does not)
  13. #14  
    Stickers!!
  14. johnflo88's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #15  
    ::
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Occupied View Post
    My wife and I just got 2 Pre's and we need a way to visibly distinguish between the two phones. We both hate screen protectors and cases/covers. Any suggestions?
    Don't blame you,the screen protectors are so terrible especially invisible-shield and the likes.They are not smooth, look like orange peel and feels like a orange too! instead of smooth stone like it meant to be.I regretted putting it on and i am taking it out soon!Save your money and just be careful with your beautiful Pre.Btw, the protector-screen do scratch (microscopic scratches and nothing is unscratchable) Why people put it on is beyond me,the screen protector even makes the phone uglier especially the finish on it (texture).
    As for differentiate, the only suggestion i can think of are the Home screens.
    Welome to the Palm Pre community.Good luck. And my phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

    Johnflo88.
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflo88 View Post
    ::

    Don't blame you,the screen protectors are so terrible especially invisible-shield and the likes.They are not smooth, look like orange peel and feels like a orange too! instead of smooth stone like it meant to be.I regretted putting it on and i am taking it out soon!Save your money and just be careful with your beautiful Pre.Btw, the protector-screen do scratch (microscopic scratches and nothing is unscratchable) Why people put it on is beyond me,the screen protector even makes the phone uglier especially the finish on it (texture).
    As for differentiate, the only suggestion i can think of are the Home screens.
    Welome to the Palm Pre community.Good luck. And my phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

    Johnflo88.
    Thats why I have the Seidio screen protector, you can hardly tell its there, but it works damned well. Best $15 I've ever spent on a cell phone.
  16. #17  
    Grabber, yes, that's the one. I highly recommend the seidio innocase. As others have said, it works with the touchstone (not in a car because you lose a little magnetic attraction) and you forget its even there!
  17. #18  
    brother and I have same problem . We just have different wallpapers
  18. notmestl's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #19  
    We had the same concern, but with two touchstones in two completely different parts of the house there is less of an issue. Different wallpapers help too.
    Now if only they would come out with custom touchstone backs like on the pixi...
    Notme in STL
  19. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #20  
    Time display format ... I use 24hr, my wife uses the standard 12hr. As soon as you see the time, you'll know.

    And if they are both on touchstones, it'll be obvious since the time is displayed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions