My god, the fury will start with everyone in the US who were fed a basic lie about why it wasn't originally included... I for one would suggest we all contact Palm and indicate our frustration with this, immediately upon it's release in Mexico... assuming it's true and not a hoax, of course.

I can't view the video from here either, but are they sure it's not the SIM card slot they are mistaking for a memory card slot? Didn't HTC have a phone that was GSM+SIM card -Memory card slot, and the same phone CDMA + Memory Card Slot - SIM card?
    Lee Ladisky
    Sprint will just ask all of us in the US to buy the new Pre with the expansion slot. Those *******s.
    I'm not sure about what was said in the video. However, if the confusion is over the diagram on the inside of the Pre next to the SIM slot, then it appears to me to be a diagram of the SIM card insertion. I am not sure about any SD card slots.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Based on the comments in spanish and what i could see in the video, its true
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Settle down! What if it WAS true, at the time??? So they tweaked it around & adjusted it to fit a card in, get over it. We are early-adopters that hoped for an expansion slot -now we MAY be getting it -isn't that reason to CELEBRATE?!?!?!

Stop being Palm-haters! -The iPhone STILL has no expansion. How about being excited?!? So you have to get the newer device...get insurance on your Pre (you're dumb if you DON'T have it already) and do a claim when the new one is released!
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Settle down! What if it WAS true, at the time??? So they tweaked it around & adjusted it to fit a card in, get over it. We are early-adopters that hoped for an expansion slot -now we MAY be getting it -isn't that reason to CELEBRATE?!?!?!
    Agreed ...
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Stop being Palm-haters! -The iPhone STILL has no expansion. How about being excited?!? So you have to get the newer device...get insurance on your Pre (you're dumb if you DON'T have it already) and do a claim when the new one is released!
    ... but not on this part. Everyone is entitled to their own ideas. I don't want to start a long conversation about this, but we should let people know:
    ..1) the above strategy would amount to insurance fraud.
    ..2) lost devices would be replaced with existing Pre's (at least until they run out)

Personally, I think we should not get up in arms about a new possible device. The new device is most likely a false (or misunderstood) rumor.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post

I can't view the video from here either, but are they sure it's not the SIM card slot they are mistaking for a memory card slot? Didn't HTC have a phone that was GSM+SIM card -Memory card slot, and the same phone CDMA + Memory Card Slot - SIM card?
    I'm very fluent in spanish and in the first video in the spot where he rubs the white spot at 1:44 is his GSM SIM card and the place he rubs with his finger at 1:51 he says is a location to put more memory at. Guy seems pretty knowledgeable not really sure he would make a rookie mistake like that.
    there is no mirco sd slot.

the directions are for removing the battery and removing the sim card. he shows nothing of the mirco sd slot. Plus the spot that he points to in 1:49 is the same on the CDMA pres.

Just because he says it has it doesn't mean that it actually does. Not until he pulls the sd out will I believe him.

I didn't see his name tag that says palm GSM pre expert on his shirt did you?
    He probably just mis-spoke, and meant the sim card. Unless the SD card model is a separate one from the one he demoed on video. But I will only believe it when I see one, why wouldn't the European GSM model include a SD slot if true?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    He probably just mis-spoke, and meant the sim card. Unless the SD card model is a separate one from the one he demoed on video. But I will only believe it when I see one, why wouldn't the European GSM model include a SD slot if true?
    There is an NA GSM model in the works for AT&T. I heard it would be "different" than the euro model, but didn't get told what was changed. It might be the micro sd slot.

I am pretty sure there aren't plans for multiple Pre skus with different memory configs, so inserting a microsd slot makes sense to do. They just couldn't find the room for it in the models released to date, but I wouldn't be surprised if they revved the baseband board for HSDPA and squeezed it in when they did that.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Looks like a microSD slot to me.

Video camera looks great on it too, as does the text message forwarding and video out.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    there is no mirco sd slot.

the directions are for removing the battery and removing the sim card. he shows nothing of the mirco sd slot. Plus the spot that he points to in 1:49 is the same on the CDMA pres.

Just because he says it has it doesn't mean that it actually does. Not until he pulls the sd out will I believe him.

I didn't see his name tag that says palm GSM pre expert on his shirt did you?
    Thanks!!
    just because that dush doesn't know what a SIM card and a memory,card slot looks like it make such a big deal!!
    Cool, if AT&T has a microsd card equipped Pre, then I'm definitely heading back!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Cool, if AT&T has a microsd card equipped Pre, then I'm definitely heading back!
    Why? With the money you'd save on sprint, just buy an ipod or.. a computer?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Are you guys blind? There is no SD slot there. He misspoke.
    the ipod touch had a camera coming too, according to most everyone...

don't believe it till you see it
    Quote Originally Posted by zpoettker View Post
    Why? With the money you'd save on sprint, just buy an ipod or.. a computer?
    It's actually cheaper for me to be on AT&T because everyone else in the family is on an AT&T family plan (and no, I can't move everyone to Sprint because the wife loves her iPhone). Even with discounts, I pay more on Sprint than I would on AT&T, that's how much I love the Pre, and I am willing to deal with crappier coverage than AT&T in my area on top of that.