Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NO Apps running, display black the whole time. I simply put it on my desk and wait for charging. I charge via USB connection to my computer, the port is USB 2.0

It takes like 6-7 hours to discharge from 100% to 20%, without using any apps, not reading mails or whatever.

So infact the charging takes as long as the discharging, I am worried about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    NO Apps running, display black the whole time. I simply put it on my desk and wait for charging. I charge via USB connection to my computer, the port is USB 2.0

It takes like 6-7 hours to discharge from 100% to 20%, without using any apps, not reading mails or whatever.

So infact the charging takes as long as the discharging, I am worried about this.
    That doesn't sound right to me at all. I've only had my Pre for about 10-15 days, but I'm almost positive there's no way mine takes anywhere near that amount of time to charge. I've charged mine back up from 30-35% to 100% in probably an hour or so. It really charges very quickly.

How does it charge when you use the normal wall (AC) charger?

/Kevin
    I will have an eye on the time it takes with the wall charger.
    The wall charger will take much less time. It sources up to 1A of current, versus USB's peak of 500 mA. The phone uses a different charge algorithm when it's been enumerated by a USB host versus when it's just getting power from the USB connector with no sign of communication (i.e. wall charger).

USB allows for both low power devices (1 unit load = 100 mA max draw) and high power devices (5 unit loads = 500 mA max), but all devices must be at low power until they've gotten approval from the host to go to high power. That allows the host to budget the power when using bus-powered hubs (i.e. when the 500mA from the host is being parcelled out to multiple devices plugged into the hub) in a mobile environment. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pre only did the low power class when plugged into a USB host as a way of being more laptop friendly, making the difference between the wall charger versus USB about 10:1.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I can usually get a full charge on my pre from a usb in a little under 2 hrs
    Thanks ktessner, that explains alot. Will buy some wall chargers for office, bedroom, etc.

Now I just need a better discharge time, hopefully the euros get their 1.2.x update soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12