1.    #1  
    I was browsing a web site today and all of a sudden I see a button pop up on the screen that says "warning your pc is at risk". I clicked ok thinking it would go away but the next thing I saw was what looked like a windows xp desktop and something was installing. When it finished I got the message saying "download complete" with the icon in the bottom of the dashboard. Nothing seems to be wrong that I can see but I know something was downloaded somewhere. Anyone know of this happening with the WebOs browser? I have the site saved in my history, so if anyone wants to see what I am talking about here is the link.

[url= PC Defender - Online Protection[/url]
    You're adorable.
    Why the hell would you do that. I guess PT Barnum was right...

I have bridge in Brooklyn for sale DIRT CHEAP...
    You never click OK, you honestly don't click them at all.... try to find it in usb mode and delete it before it can corrupt something, but make sure you do not open it while in usb mode, it may infect the computer you are on....
  5.    #5  
    No seriously though, anyone know where files downloaded from the browser would go? I have the "internalz" app installed to view folders. I just want to see what was downloaded and where.
    I wouldnt worry about it. Those viruses target Windows, not WebOS.

There was a thread about the same thing a few months ago.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Nothing downloaded. That was just a flash animation or something to make it look like something did. That's why it was Windows XP, most people use XP so that's what the scammer made it look like.

Usually these are just jokes or they want to sell you bogus Anti-Virus programs. Nothing happened, count your blessings and move on and try not to do that again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
    That was just a flash animation or something to make it look like something did.
    Wow, that would be amazing....why can't I get flash to work on my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I wouldnt worry about it. Those viruses target Windows, not WebOS.

There was a thread about the same thing a few months ago.
    Happy Birthday Ted!!!!!!!!!!

Frrrrrrunkis!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlag77 View Post
    You're adorable.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Happy Birthday Ted!!!!!!!!!!

Frrrrrrunkis!
    Ohhhhhhh Uncle Paul.
    if i were a betting man id bet it didn't download anything
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Mikey47, search some article history and find the various articles about flash and webOS. You won't hav to look back very far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
    Nothing downloaded. That was just a flash animation or something to make it look like something did. That's why it was Windows XP, most people use XP so that's what the scammer made it look like.

Usually these are just jokes or they want to sell you bogus Anti-Virus programs. Nothing happened, count your blessings and move on and try not to do that again...
    If something downloaded to the USB drive side of the Pre. You want to delete this WITHOUT executing it. Sites like these are how so many computers get infected with silent viruses that run your computer on a bot net and fill our emails with so much spam.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I got one of those on my Ubuntu machine and it made me laugh so hard. I brought my friends over and was like "I got a virus that installs windows on my ubuntu box!" The fact that the popup looks like "My Computer" regardless of user platform is incredible.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
  16.    #16  
    Ok was poking around in "media/internal/downloads" with internalz and found some suspicious looking files. The file names are- file9sLiKz, filePsOaHu, filePtLmQp ect.... Will have to connect to computer later for a better look at them.