Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After scouring the internet for weeks I found someone who has an ipk that works that happens to unlock yahoo messenger and ICQ for the palm pre.

Make sure you use Web Os Quick Install after you download the actual ipk from the webpage i provided a link to. The actual ipk: org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk

This should ICQ, Yahoo and windows live as IM accounts you can have for the pre.

Not to steal someone else's shine this was made by a guy named Greg Roll from Windows Live via webosinternals and this is for those of you who can't wait for Sprint to add it naturally.

My name is Jason.

Let me know if it works for all of you guys.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/09/2010 at 07:32 PM.
    It's being heavily discussed in the Homebrew board. And it's very buggy, even one of the contributors seem to imply not fully messing with it due to some of the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul
    In the meantime, the current version (1.0.3) is kind've buggy still and varies from person to person. I wouldn't recommend that anyone experiment with the contact syncing due to some harmful effects it brings, but I can't stop you.
    But I can't wait for some of these nasty issues to be resolved. I really wanna try out the new messaging plugins. =]
    Follow Me On

3.    #3  
    I was trying to use it so far(yahoo messenger) and i havent had any issues but I will take your word for it and use caution. Wasnt aware many knew about this ipk yet since i am new to the pre world and had time on my hands to look for this link.

Thanks for your feedback Syphon.

-Jason
    I'm using it for Windows Live and Yahoo, works fine for chatting. Just don't associate your contacts and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie2K9 View Post
    I was trying to use it so far(yahoo messenger) and i havent had any issues but I will take your word for it and use caution. Wasnt aware many knew about this ipk yet since i am new to the pre world and had time on my hands to look for this link.

Thanks for your feedback Syphon.

-Jason
    A new version to address some of the issues is due out soon. Take the discussion over to http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html and you can anxiously await it with the rest of us.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I had it on my Pre for a day or so, it wouldn't stay logged on for me and i was on wifi. then I had all kinds of trouble getting it removed. Once it gets updated and some of the kinks worked out I think I'll try it again. I would love for palm to get it to us sooner than later though, everyone I know chats on Yahoo and it would be great to not have to use the web chat.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just have my accounts (aol, yahoo, msn) forward to my Pre when I log off. Everything comes in as a txt message and I can easily reply back. Never thought of trying to use a client.

What does a client have that makes it special? Group messaging perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by loupy View Post
    I just have my accounts (aol, yahoo, msn) forward to my Pre when I log off. Everything comes in as a txt message and I can easily reply back. Never thought of trying to use a client.

What does a client have that makes it special? Group messaging perhaps?
    I could never get MSN to forward to me via text, how does this work?
    use it, love it.
    Not sure I have searched through all different forums... because I wanted to have yahoo messenger on my phone, and couldn't find a simple way to get it. Well I stumbled on accident a simple easy way to have it no downloads required.

This is my first post here goes nothing.!!

-Open up the web launcher
    - Type yahoo mail ( I saved my login as a bookmark, for quick access)
    - Login
    -Top right corner there is Yahoo! touch that link
    - A page will open up with a bunch of different options.
    - Click messenger And Boom! You are on yahoo messenger no downloads required.

Not simplest thing to do but def. not hard to do either, only downfall I have seen through this is that I have to keep the page up and running to hold streams of conversation. Until they give me a easier way... haha!

I hope this is helpful!!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Welcome to the forum. Not sure if you realized, but you bumped a 1 year old post. Since then Palm had added Yahoo to the messenger client, maybe 6-8 months ago or so. Not flaming ya, easy mistake, but wanted to let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Not sure if you realized, but you bumped a 1 year old post. Since then Palm had added Yahoo to the messenger client, maybe 6-8 months ago or so. Not flaming ya, easy mistake, but wanted to let you know.
    if they added it how do i get yahoo on my pre plus then ?
    the only accounts i can add for messaging is gchat and aim
    Add your yahoo mail account and you will get the chat account.

Assuming of course you're running the proper version of webOS.
    im running the highest version of os verizon has. i have my yahoo installed for months...and my on friends Verizon pre, his dominant email is yahoo in fact thats the only email he has on the phone ...hes going nuts with out yahoo chat, im trying to help him out...but granted i want it as well...
    Well I apologize if this has already been posted.... but I have been searching and couldn't find out how to get yahoo messenger.

So this was the most simple way I found of doing it... which isnt super convenient but gets the job done.. did you guys try my method and did it work for you?
    deff gonna use ur method
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    Add your yahoo mail account and you will get the chat account.

Assuming of course you're running the proper version of webOS.
    This works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    This works for me.
    verizon?
    im uninstalling yahoo mail now then gonna re install and try that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast