1.    #1  
    I just purchased my Pre. I turned it on and entered the information to create my Palm Profile. However, it says:

Sign In Failed
    You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again.

I don't really know what this means, but I assume that the phone is telling me that I need to be in the Sprint service area. The indicator on the top left of the screen says "Sprint" and I have about two bars. Why is it not working?? Please help
    ur phone has no 1X or EV on top? This means ur connected to sprint towers but no net flowing through.

take the battery off then turn it on.

if not do some research in the forums how to do a soft reset. And I don't mean erasing stuff, there is a pattern to hold some button switch the mute on and off or something like that, I forget. But look for that, my replacement pre was like that and a sprint rep fixed it by doing some button combination

now if you don't find it, go to a sprint store they should help you
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I had the same issue with my Pre a couple months ago. They replaced it. There's a ##DATA# (and by DATA I mean the corresponding numbers)you hit on the dialer pad that gives you data options. I was able to get my working that way by changing it from 1x to the different EVDO options.

But like I said they replaced it because even though I got it working... It just happened again. Sounds like you might have a faulty Pre out of the box.
    OK so here is my problem;
    I'm located in Sweden and bought my Palm Pre (unlocked) from Germany since it's not available in Sweden yet.

I get the "Profile Creation Failed"-message even though i can see "Sweden 3G Telia" in the upper left corner which is my network provider. If I press ## I get the dialer and can even make calls, but I'm stuck here. Seems like alot of you guys got help from "Sprint" but can they really help me? What can I do?

thanks,
    Henrik
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexweidner View Post
    I just purchased my Pre. I turned it on and entered the information to create my Palm Profile. However, it says:

Sign In Failed
    You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again.

I don't really know what this means, but I assume that the phone is telling me that I need to be in the Sprint service area. The indicator on the top left of the screen says "Sprint" and I have about two bars. Why is it not working?? Please help
    ##RTN#, yes it will erase all data, but since you cant get past the profile you probably dont have any data anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by henriknordin View Post
    I'm located in Sweden and bought my Palm Pre (unlocked) from Germany since it's not available in Sweden yet.

I get the "Profile Creation Failed"-message even though i can see "Sweden 3G Telia" in the upper left corner which is my network provider. If I press ## I get the dialer and can even make calls, but I'm stuck here. Seems like alot of you guys got help from "Sprint" but can they really help me? What can I do?

thanks,
    Henrik

henriknordin did you get an answer to this because I am having the same problem how did you solve it?
    Hmm, I was talking to Palm Europe's custome service and she had no clue and was telling me that I had no connection etc etc... Bull****.

I gave up and let the device be for a couple of hours and then when I returned to it there was a "enable roaming pop-up". I pressed "Allow roaming" and after that it works fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by henriknordin View Post

thanks,
    Henrik
    So you left it on for a couple of hours and it did that or did you remove the battery?
    I don't remember if I removed the battery first.
    sorry if I keep bugging you here but its really frustrating specially since I spent so much money. Did you leave it on the dial screen for a couple of hours before it asked you that or which screen?
    sorry if I keep bugging you here but its really frustrating specially since I spent so much money. Did you leave it on the dial screen for a couple of hours before it asked you that or which screen?
    I have exactly same problemm please some body help
    1) Press/hold down the Orange key
    2) Press/enter ##786#
    3) Flick up/scroll down and press on Reset
    4) Enter the MS whatever number as 058610
    i do that, but when i wnt the MSL number, i cant get it, i dont have a profile on sprint
    i,ve same problem..... :@ Palm Sux
    is there any way to create palm profile online through PC ?
    or please someone donate PALM PROFILE.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrox View Post
    i,ve same problem..... :@ Palm Sux
    is there any way to create palm profile online through PC ?
    or please someone donate PALM PROFILE.....
    Jimmy?

What carrier?

What Phone???

You can't sign up for the Palm Profile due to no data?

Hit ## (or BB) on the keypad and get into the dialer for SOS Only... erase 911 or whatever it says and then input ##EVDO# (##3836#) and send... Cycle through the CDMA speed options and watch for 1x or Ev to light up next to your signal and that will mean you have data.

I think you need to select 1xRTT first, then Rev A and that should force it in.

Then exit dialer and set up your profile once you have data connection.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee