Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Is there a way to dial a phone # with letters in it.
    Look at the dial pad, it has the letters on the corresponding number.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Not sure what you're asking, but the alpha characters are on the dialpad, just like on a phone...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    just dont try to do it on the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3000 View Post
    Is there a way to dial a phone # with letters in it.
    Really...
    Holy obvious oxymorons batman! He asked for letters in a phone number!

...Wait I retract my statement. I think.. do you mean.. Like.. call 1-800-palm-pre you wanna dial 1800palmpre with the keyboard? No.
    You can't dial numbers that way.
    Just open up the dialer and do it like every other phone does.
    Last edited by 612mpls; 10/08/2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Thinks I understand now.. Lol
    Maybe he doesn't realize that there are no phone numbers with letters in them.

He probably thinks that when he sees an advert with a number such as, 1-800-die-aple, he really thinks that he's dialing letters and not just numbers on number keys that have letters written on them. Pretty sad... And this person has a smartphone.

... can't wait to tell this one to the guys during lunch today.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    wow...I now feel like a moron after reading this.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Wow. Hopefully we're all just jumping to conclusions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Maybe he doesn't realize that there are no phone numbers with letters in them.

He probably thinks that when he sees an advert with a number such as, 1-800-die-aple, he really thinks ...

... can't wait to tell this one to the guys during lunch today.
    Waitaminnit... you just lambasted that guy for calling them numbers, and look what you called them:
    an advert with a number
    Now, go tell the guys at lunch about that one.

Sorry, couldn't stop my fingers, they had a mind of their own...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    If you came from a Blackberry, this would make sense. I actually had a problem with this too. If I was on the Blackberry, and dialed 1-800-GOOG-411, I would get Google 411. I actually had it in the contact as that. When I transferred my contacts to the Pre, it dials 1-800-411, because it doesn't parse the Alphanumeric characters. I had to go back and make some modifications to my contacts that had Alpha characters in them as I don't believe there is a way for the Pre to parse the numbers.
    It can't be done with the keyboard because how would it know you want "F" and not 5? Or "V" instead of 9? Just use the on-screen dial pad.
  13. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ...I'm so confused!