1.    #1  
    But I had to take a picture of my phone when I got the error. This was before I learned to take screen captures.

I got this error, after I closed all open apps (tossed away all cards). Do some of these apps run in the background or something? Nothing was open, and I kept getting it.

but...

When it said "Sorry, Too Many Cards", it looked like it was referring to my wallpaper, which was a bunch of "Playing Cards" from poker.com. haha

I'd toss the 3 of clubs, and one of the deuces. I'd have Aces full. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Get this all the time, it blows that we have such problems on such a sweet device.

if only Palm could fix the simple issues
    For now... reboot and it will go away.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I get this repeatedly, even after restarts. Sucks royally.
    while restarting will temporarily be a solution... i just throw all my cards away and open a program.. it has worked every time for me.

say i have 7 programs open... and i get rid of 3 ... it doesn't work... but if i throw all 7 cards away... i can go ahead and open any program after that... while it is a pain it's an easy solution for me.
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    "Too many cards open" is probably a simpler way of saying "not enough memory to open this program." Probably a memory leak somewhere if closing apps doesn't help.
    I'm getting this now more than ever. Memory management on this device is just...not there yet. AT ALL.
    Try this...close all cards. Wait 5-10 mins. You should be ok after that. There is some sort of memory cleanup/garbage collection so you just need to give it time to do its thing.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Try this...close all cards. Wait 5-10 mins.

OR you could reboot and be back up in 2+ minutes. Either way, the phone becomes nigh unusable sometimes, and that's inexcusable. I don't give it a pass on Windows Mobile, and I'm not giving it a pass here.

Develop a task killer/memory manager/app manager app already, Palm.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I am getting this message a lot with only one card open. Given the processor speed/power, this is ridiculous. This is an issue that needs immediate attention. Sometimes I'm just too annoyed and stop browsing.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I have a possible solution for this that I'm testing out. Details here -

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1976277

-mark
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The other day I didn't have any cards open. I went to open an app and got the too many cards message. I tried a few different apps and the only one that opened was the phone dial pad. I rebooted and it went away but still, kind of strange. I have no hacks or homebrew apps.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Clearing your cache on a regular well help with this error message..I used to get it alot also
    I've mentioned this before, but if homebrew applications do not clean up their listeners (or other, external resources) then they'll become a memory leak. After a while, it adds up.

Try restarting or removing some homebrew.
    Just reboot...there is def memory leakage but nothing too substantial i think. Every time i get this with a couple of cards open i just restart and its back to being perfect again.
    I get this quite frequently, esp since 1.2.1. Happens most of the time with the browser, esp if I have a page loading. Or if I have WSJ.com open...