Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. editor2b's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok...Does anyone know if this is coming for real? I was really hoping for it with 1.2 and the ap store. Will it be an app? Next version of pre possibly? I ask because this is a big factor for me, as I use it on my current phone every day. Thanks for taking the time to reply...and maybe get my hopes up!
  2. #2  
    search.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

    palm has said it'll be here by the end of the year
    This signature for rent
  3. #3  
    tomorrow
  4. #4  
    November 31st, 2009
  5. #5  
    Mine works fine, Yours doesnt? sucks for you
  6. #6  
    So I am trying to search the forum and see where it says video is coming out at the end of this year and I can't find it. Most likely because I am a n00b. Can you show me the thread please or the release where Palm said this.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hardrocker488 View Post
    So I am trying to search the forum and see where it says video is coming out at the end of this year and I can't find it. Most likely because I am a n00b. Can you show me the thread please or the release where Palm said this.
    nope and heres why

    if you use search for video recording you will get a bunch of threads. These threads will discuss info you are interested in somewhere. you need to read them to find it, and I will not read threads on your behalf. I will however get you started. I selected search titles only, it is in the advanced section of search. I only used the word video, you may want to do your own to narrow results.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-camera.html/
    teach a man to fish...

    edit: I know that the answer is there I just know you can find it, but it turns out that I cannot post a link to a search, so i have gone ahead and identified what seems to be a relevent thread with some links that you might find useful. In the future try the steps i used to get here
    Last edited by windzilla; 10/08/2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: reformat link to make life even easier
  8. darkstarx's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #8  
    Video?? How about pictures! It would be nice if the Pre had camera. I don't know why they have to have that huge light sensor on the back, that could be used for a camera lens!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarx View Post
    Video?? How about pictures! It would be nice if the Pre had camera. I don't know why they have to have that huge light sensor on the back, that could be used for a camera lens!
    Please tell me that's a stupid joke.
    So Say We All
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbeaver View Post
    Please tell me that's a stupid joke.

    Please tell me you're joking = sarcasm
  11. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #11  
    I agree....we really need a video cam app!!!.....but it has to be real...not a hack.....it would be great if the app was from palm in an update....but if a lone developer could just make one that would be gr8!......but it has to be freeeeeeee!!!!!!

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    I agree....we really need a video cam app!!!.....but it has to be real...not a hack.....it would be great if the app was from palm in an update....but if a lone developer could just make one that would be gr8!......but it has to be freeeeeeee!!!!!!
    I'm sure the video will not come through an app. Its coming through a software update, or a patch.
  13. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #13  
    Video is coming via hardware. It's the attachment mechinism that's been the hold up. Duct tape works well but keeps the flip out LCD closed and super glue melts the case. The 3" cable plugged in makes emailing video's easy.
  14. #14  
    Uhoh.... I think there's a problem here....

    Palm called me last week, and said they were about to release the video camera app. There hadn't been a new post on here about it in 2 or 3 days, so I told them that interest had died. They scrapped the project.

    Sorry....
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    I'm sure the video will not come through an app. Its coming through a software update, or a patch.
    Actually, it will more likely be an OS update (for the system level stuff), and and app (for the front end).
  16. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    I'm sure the video will not come through an app. Its coming through a software update, or a patch.
    yeah...but you need an app to shoot video.....just like the cam app...

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  17. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Video is coming via hardware. It's the attachment mechinism that's been the hold up. Duct tape works well but keeps the flip out LCD closed and super glue melts the case. The 3" cable plugged in makes emailing video's easy.


    what the heck?!?!

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  18. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    what the heck?!?!
    What? Didn't you know super glue will melt some plastics?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    yeah...but you need an app to shoot video.....just like the cam app...
    why would there be a completely separate app if all that is needed is some sort of a toggle button to switch between the camera and the video mode? Just like the toggle between sound/no sound patch for the cam?
  20. #20  
    I like how NOBODY has been able to post some proof that Palm stated we would have a video recording feature before the end of the year. Nothing but sarcasm and bad jokes.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions