Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V1cK dB View Post
    I like how NOBODY has been able to post some proof that Palm stated we would have a video recording feature before the end of the year. Nothing but sarcasm and bad jokes.
    And for good reason. It's been asked and discussed 47k times. Another thread is another waste.
    i always get the error message i couldnt delete a messenger contact so it shows still up in my pre under contacs and in messenger even if its not in the messenger on laptop what the hell is that for bs?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'm not telling bad jokes!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    i always get the error message i couldnt delete a messenger contact so it shows still up in my pre under contacs and in messenger even if its not in the messenger on laptop what the hell is that for bs?
    don't know how to help...you are in the wrong thread.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    I agree....we really need a video cam app!!!.....but it has to be real...not a hack.....it would be great if the app was from palm in an update....but if a lone developer could just make one that would be gr8!......but it has to be freeeeeeee!!!!!!

dude there is a app already from a hacker that lets you record but its still on test you want the links?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V1cK dB View Post
    I like how NOBODY has been able to post some proof that Palm stated we would have a video recording feature before the end of the year. Nothing but sarcasm and bad jokes.
    Lots of **** around here!
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    why would there be a completely separate app if all that is needed is some sort of a toggle button to switch between the camera and the video mode? Just like the toggle between sound/no sound patch for the cam?
    If you are correct, their would still have two be two pieces, a system update and an app update. However, the current cam app doesn't look like it would wotk very well as a video appm there would have to be a LOT of changes to it, both in basic funtions (like pause recording), and tie-ins to the system mods that would be part of it. My bet's on a separate app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacr91 View Post
    dude there is a app already from a hacker that lets you record but its still on test you want the links?
    It also doesn't have audio recording support...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Wow, looking at all of the non-helpful responses, it would seem that many forum members forgot about the forum guidelines, which state:

Search! Search! Search! - Your question probably has been answered or discussed. Before posting a new thread, please use the search feature at the top of each page first. Even though a user may be posting a question that has already been answered, we are always polite and give the link to where the answers can be found. We never tell them to "search for yourself."

Back to basics...
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Wow, looking at all of the non-helpful responses, it would seem that many forum members forgot about the forum guidelines, which state:

Search! Search! Search! - Your question probably has been answered or discussed. Before posting a new thread, please use the search feature at the top of each page first. Even though a user may be posting a question that has already been answered, we are always polite and give the link to where the answers can be found. We never tell them to "search for yourself."

Back to basics...
    I did leave a link, and in that link is a link that has the answer, all he has to do is read.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I did leave a link, and in that link is a link that has the answer, all he has to do is read.
    I was not referring to anyone specific. However, the link you left returns no results, and the advice you give for search terms doesn't narrow things down enough to be helpful to the OP. Might as well have said, read the entire forum, the answer is there, all he has to do is read. The intent of this forum is to be helpful, which your reply/link wasn't.
    Last edited by jye75; 10/08/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Not referring to anyone specific.
    is referring to?

also, I like to help, and turtles, therefore one more link for nonspesific

Let me google that for you

the thing is, it was "confirmed" along time ago by sprint, but the details aren't from palm and aren't yet official in some senses.
    Last edited by windzilla; 10/08/2009 at 01:10 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    is referring to?

also, I like to help, and turtles, therefore one more link for nonspesific

Let me google that for you
    Make sense much? By the way, it's called, "being helpful without being a *******", (kind of the intent of the forum guidelines, if you can wrap your brain around that. Doubtful)
    The truth is no one knows at this point. Any answer is a guess. That's the answer.

In some presentation in the past it may have been mentioned or promised but that was months ago so really all bets are off. Do I think they will have it? Someday. This year? Maybe... but I don't think so. You can tell they have a lot of stuff on their plate.

I don't even think video recording has ever been even demoed by Palm so who knows if it's even built yet. If has I also think it's separate from the Camera app. The toggle is a very smooth feature... but if you are referencing the iphone, it looks so simple but the whole piece with editing and such and to have it run so slick must have took a lot of hours and I don't see Palm having time for it.

Happens all the time. Apple gave lot of dates in WWDC and you have to believe they really wanted to but they had pushed stuff back by months to a year back... App store being one.

So answer is... No one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by editor2b View Post
    Ok...Does anyone know if this is coming for real? I was really hoping for it with 1.2 and the ap store. Will it be an app? Next version of pre possibly? I ask because this is a big factor for me, as I use it on my current phone every day. Thanks for taking the time to reply...and maybe get my hopes up!
    Make sense much? By the way, it's called, "being helpful without being a *******", (kind of the intent of the forum guidelines, if you can wrap your brain around that. Doubtful)
    hey, sorry, not trying to be mean, just trying to help the op get there without me having to read all the sources for them.

besides, i didn't go insulting anyone. Perhaps i should police my post better so that others cannot misplace inflections as they read it to themselves in their head, making me sound like someone I'm not.

as for the make sense much, I was playing with the post that had originally replied to me, the one about referring.
    There are four lights.
    I was not referring to anyone specific. However, the link you left returns no results, and the advice you give for search terms doesn't narrow things down enough to be helpful to the OP. Might as well have said, read the entire forum, the answer is there, all he has to do is read. The intent of this forum is to be helpful, which your reply/link wasn't.
    since you have clariffied I'll respond again.

nope, the link i gave had an answer at the top, but it was broken as i posted from a mobile version last night, and the link didn't take for some reason, I have done it again this time with the pre central normal forums

as for helpful, my post was to, 1 explain why I didn't have the specific info detailed link 2 give the op tools that get them mostly their and a instructions as to how i go about searching so that in the future they won't have to start a thread and improve efficiency for themselves.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    hey, sorry, not trying to be mean, just trying to help the op get there without me having to read all the sources for them.

besides, i didn't go insulting anyone. Perhaps i should police my post better so that others cannot misplace inflections as they read it to themselves in their head, making me sound like someone I'm not.

as for the make sense much, I was playing with the post that had originally replied to me, the one about referring.
    Thanks for clarifying. I just think that if newcomers ask a question and are met with seemingly negative replies, then they will become turned off to this site. And for the making sense post, it still doesn't make sense where the turtle came from, but c'est la vie! Peace
    Thanks for clarifying. I just think that if newcomers ask a question and are met with seemingly negative replies, then they will become turned off to this site. And for the making sense post, it still doesn't make sense where the turtle came from, but c'est la vie! Peace
    turtle is something that crops up on the forums. but let me ask you to do the something, I try to keep my tone relaxed and jovial, i recommend you try to keep from name calling so quickly as often it is just a misunderstanding or a badly posted link.

however being new to a place like this can understandably be infuriating, I have felt the same on many forums and love precentral because it is inviting for the most part.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    turtle is something that crops up on the forums. but let me ask you to do the something, I try to keep my tone relaxed and jovial, i recommend you try to keep from name calling so quickly as often it is just a misunderstanding or a badly posted link. What I said was to be used as an adjective for the original post you gave, not as a noun for you. But, point taken.

however being new to a place like this can understandably be infuriating, I have felt the same on many forums and love precentral because it is inviting for the most part. I'm intimately familiar with online forums and the frustrations and overreactions they can elicit. And nothing is truer than the fact that typed words cannot convey tone and inflection. I'm cool with it, just defending the noobs. I too love this forum, because it is one of the only ones that has the guideline that I posted. I like the friendly, helpful approach that it fosters.
    :-)
    To be fair to those of us that weren't helpful (and I do include myself), go bac and look at the OP's original question:

Ok...Does anyone know if this is coming for real?
    Hardly a question that will can be correctly answered, other than "no".

None of us on here, knows if "this is coming for real". Even if Rubenstein knocked on your door and told you personally, you don't "know it for real".

Obviously, the OP has already heard that it's coming. He wants somone on a "fan forum" to provide proof. Ain't gonna happen.

My opinion, the question got the type of response it deserved.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast