1.    #1  
    The guy on the video is saying that the Pre he is showing is a GSM version for Telcel, who is going to be the carrier for México.

NOTHING YET ON PALM MEXICO WEB SITE OR ON TELCEL WEB SITE EITHER

the guys who made the videos are on:
    matuk.com » Palm Pre en exclusiva

and they said on that news about Pre the following:

First look to a Palm Pre in GSM technology, that soon will be on sale by Telcel in México
    At the beginning this device came out with CDMA technology and apparently was going to delay the GSM version, but it is here. Works on 3G, includes Bluetooth and WI FI
    What do we think? For the short time that we had it ( just borrowed for few hours), in general a good product. Is an slider, as you can see in the video, the keyboard is too cramped, but we believe in short time you get used of it. The software works with no regrets, sometime it got blocked for a blizz , but were told that this Pre has not the final software version (it´s not updated)

on this first video they made is showing the Telcel SIM card an a SD card maybe mini slot

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 10/07/2009 at 09:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    where is there an SD card slot in either video?

I see the SIM card, I do not see a second card or slot. Can you point it out specifically based on location of video and location in phone.

I find it hard to believe they managed to stuff both an SD/micro SD and a separate SIM card, and until I see the SD slot or an SD card come out of it I need further proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    where is there an SD card slot in either video?

I see the SIM card, I do not see a second card or slot. Can you point it out specifically based on location of video and location in phone.

I find it hard to believe they managed to stuff both an SD/micro SD and a separate SIM card, and until I see the SD slot or an SD card come out of it I need further proof.

on the 1st video at the 1:50 mark right after he points out the sim card slot, ht points to an are asn says there is a slot for user to add memory card. then the sirens start.

btw, where do i get a pouch with the palm name?
    Last edited by Felipe; 10/07/2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: add the pouch coment.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    My pre came with the pouch. I never used it, my wife uses hers occasionally.

Yeah, I'm still skeptical of the SD slot, I want to see someone insert a card in that "slot".

If it is the case, and this "slotted" Pre comes to the US in CDMA, I will be accidentally running my Pre over with a car after checking my local Best Buy to be sure there are no non SD Pre's in stock.

8GB is not awful, but I wouldn't mind being able to pull SD cards from my cameras and upload photos, or add a 16GB SD card for some real expansion.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    here is a still shot from the video.
  6.    #6  
    A little back from 1:50 He is exactly pointing with his finger at 1:48 the slot for sd micro card
  7.    #7  
    I found this picture with Telcel GSM and Sprint Pres together
    PoderPDA - ¿ Palm Pre en Unefón?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post

it looks longer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    it looks longer.
    Apparently, maybe it is the way both Pres are placed on or just guessing, Telcel Pre really includes besides the SIM Card , the SD micro slot.
    On the video, there is nothing showing the mysterious SD card slot because (drumroll)... there isn't any.

Also, the last picture shown here (post #7), you can tell the Pres aren't ligned up by looking at the center button.
    I'm in Mexico right now on business. I'll have to go across the street to the Telcel store and ask some questions. I wonder if I could buy the phone in Mexico and connect it back home.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    It does look bigger, but they aren't lined up...

Not saying it's not possible, I'm just thinking 1) it's odd they would run 2 product lines when they couldn't even afford to change the battery (yes, using old format batteries is a sign of cost cutting). 2) if they were going to make the Pre bigger, why not make the keyboard bigger. It was very clearly the same small keyboard that is on the Sprint Pre.

Yep, I'm still a skeptic, when I see someone actually insert a Micro SD chip I'll admit I was wrong for not believing, until then, I will continue to doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    With Card Slot, Impossible!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I think the pre is still in negotiations with telcel because I dont see the usual branded apps (ideastelcel for instance), the first video was shot in this area which is near the palm hq in Mexico but far from telcel hq
  15.    #15  
    Yes, no official news of Pam or Telcel , but the SIM Card on the video is Telcels, as close as I can see.
    Quote me on this:

- There is no expansion slot (microSD, etc)
    - There is no difference in size, form factor, etc

The only surprise here is that Telcel is carrying it and not Movistar, as expected.