Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The new The Weather Channel page looking nice! Animated radar on Google Map and modules on the home page.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    looks the same as it has for months to me...
    Confirmed...no change
    Does anyone know how to remove a city used one time on trip? Since I travel, I really don't want long list of now not needed cities?
    Don't really want to delete and reinstall.
    Help??? I will thank.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I believe he's talking about the weather channel app which has been out for only a week....
    And the map is animated on Bing maps... Nevertheless it's waaaaaaaaay better than the accuweather app....
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Split50 View Post
    I believe he's talking about the weather channel app which has been out for only a week....
    And the map is animated on Bing maps... Nevertheless it's waaaaaaaaay better than the accuweather app....
    He must be talking about the web site, because it has home page modules and the app doesn't. It hasn't changed in a while, but I still like it better than The Weather Channel app, and it doesn't use 2MB of precious app memory.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove a city used one time on trip? Since I travel, I really don't want long list of now not needed cities?
    Don't really want to delete and reinstall.
    Help??? I will thank.
    I have also asked this question. I did delete and reinstall, but the cities I used were still there. Doesn't look there is an option for removing a city yet. Hope one is added in later versions.
    I can't get the app to GPS locate me and when I do a search by zip code, it won't let me select the city in the search result.
    I've reinstalled several times and rebooted the Pre... same results
    I downloaded v1.0.0 on Oct 12 when it became avail in the app catalog. It showed up in the catalog again on Oct 19 as being revised but it's still 1.0.0. What's up?

Can't delete cities in the 'revised' version either.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    He must be talking about the web site, because it has home page modules and the app doesn't. It hasn't changed in a while, but I still like it better than The Weather Channel app, and it doesn't use 2MB of precious app memory.
    Exactly and it's the same as it has been. Not sure why a thread was started about The Weather Channel website though. Doens't have anything to do with the Pre, except it's a mobile device.

Totally different issue, but no, the app won't let you delete recent cities; at least I can't find any way to do it.

How about a 3rd topic? How about the Afghan election run off?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I downloaded v1.0.0 on Oct 12 when it became avail in the app catalog. It showed up in the catalog again on Oct 19 as being revised but it's still 1.0.0. What's up?

Can't delete cities in the 'revised' version either.
    It still has the original date although it's pushed up to the top. It shows as the same rev. when I look at it.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have a problem with this application now. I deleted it from my phone and now when i go back to install it, it downloads and the bar at the bottom is saying installing, then at the bottom it says weather channel app is installed. But the other bar says still installing and it is not installed and it has been on that screen for over 10 minutes. I have done a luna restart and device restart and tried again 5 times. Why won't this install anymore?
    Does the icon show on your device? If so, delete it, reboot, and try again.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Does the icon show on your device? If so, delete it, reboot, and try again.
    yes the icon shows up with a circle around it, when i click on it then it takes me back to app catalog page with the same result....installing. I don't know what happened. I have done the delete 7 times now with no luck.
    Had the same prob so did (restart) Sym-green-R (I think it's green, color blind) and did the install again and it worked. Was going to try to do it with WhereIsMyPre but just read the reviews so forget that.
    For some reason will not open for me. Anyone else having the same problem?
    works fine here.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I also cannot reinstall it after a Dr session last night. I get the same thing described above:

"I have a problem with this application now. I deleted it from my phone and now when i go back to install it, it downloads and the bar at the bottom is saying installing, then at the bottom it says weather channel app is installed. But the other bar says still installing and it is not installed and it has been on that screen for over 10 minutes."
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    It has become my favorite weather app - lots of features and easy to use. Simple, uncluttered format also.
    There isn't any way to delete cities from the list. I had to uninstall the application and then reinstall after a restart.

**Also... I think there is a good size memory leak with this application. Anyone else running the Battery Monitor application want to verify? I after installing, I turned on the monitor and then ran the Weather Channel application, entered 3 cities, and then closed it. My battery drain after closing the application has remained at 13-17% per hour (with nothing else open). And, no.. I don't have any other apps (email etc) open.

Anyone want to see if they get the same drain?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast