Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't believe it myself. I was walking by the Sprint store today and figured I would stop in and just kill a few mins and see the other phones. Was not looking to get anything different. Just wanted to know I still have the best.

A Rep. came over and ask if he could help. Said I was "just looking but by the way, do you have the new Hero yet"? He said, "no, in a few days and what do you have now". BINGO i thought, here we go with the show!!! so I am promoting the PreCentral community and the WebOS ins and outs along with how Palm/Sprint are not only working with but giving us more openness to work on the Pre and the WebOS. Then I said "how would you like to sell more Pre's and have your customers rave so much that they send more people in to purchase one from you? It was like I was holding a hunk of raw meat in front of a lion. I went on to show them WebOS Q.I. and Preware. On screen keyboard, modded colored date and battery % on top, Landscape modes, message forwarding etc... And one guy (there is a group now) says, "hey look at the "bills theme". - COOL. So I then talked about Flash lite and how Apple is out. And how Apple is now closed for "jialbreaking" or hacking/modding with the new update on the iPhones.

To end this long story. They were all beaming and a few got right on the computer to come here (PreCentral). 2 said they are going to now sell the hell out of this and the Pixi when they get it.
    which store?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    And one guy (there is a group now) says, "hey look at the "bills theme". - COOL.
    Does that theme have Ronnie Brown's footprints all over it? I need a Dolphins theme!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    which store?
    Hey dude. How goes it. Long time no speak. Was in Greece Ridge. And really, had Five in the end in the group. Must have all come off break....lol
    Nothing better then six heads all looking down within 1 inch of each other. Must have seen like we were looking at a bug.
    By the way PM me sometime. Meet for coffee.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    wouldn't have worked at my store lol
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Does that theme have Ronnie Brown's footprints all over it? I need a Dolphins theme!
    At the time I just change from one of the bills theme to Madolen's Bills theme.
    Remember the contest? You talk about people going "woo"

Yes, Madolen you were a hit.
    hey I'm in upstate NY too, well east, just north of albany! Need more Pre people in NY!

I stopped in the store for the same reason, to see if they had a Hero yet too, ugh, they all looked so bothered that someone was comming in the store...the local store closest to me seems kinda rude. oh well...the three other stores are alot friendlier.

Chris S.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    hey I'm in upstate NY too, well east, just north of albany! Need more Pre people in NY!
    Chris S.
    Go Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    I am just south of Albany, in Delmar! Glad to see some local people on here.
    I know how ya feel, i go to the Sprint store here and show off my Pre and get alot of people checking it out. I told the staff they should Mod up a pre and use it to show people what they could do with the PRE.

Im In Syracuse..GO ORANGE
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    I was in Best Buy the other day exchanging my Pre, and the young lady was very nice to me (exchanged for USB cracks after 30 days were over). Part of the reason may have been that there was a customer in the store who was trying to decide between a Pre and one of the later Blackberries. I enthusiastically showed off my Pre to him and explained some of the advantages. He was unhappy about the lag in emails when I showed him the email app, however. Left without buying either phone. I told the clerk that if he came back and bought a Pre, I wanted a commission!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    What a weird post. You really felt the need to go into a Sprint store to show off your phone for some warm fuzzy feelings? I think you need a girlfriend or something.
    Haha, funny that they were wow'ed by all the things that would have killed the sprint insurance policy :-P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Lol Ive been to the store and Kiosk in GreeceRidge and showed a couple of employees there the same apps and tweaks not too long ago.

I wouldnt be to impressed with myself if I were you though..they arent exactly the brightest bunch of sales reps.

and you are aware they are just some third party Sprint retailer?
    Seriously... Pretty sad if you have to sell the Pre to Sprint employees.

Pitiful... dunno what other words to say. Cause then you have to think how they have been selling it to the other customers that walk in all this time. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I wouldnt be to impressed with myself if I were you though..they arent exactly the brightest bunch of sales reps.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by iclimb513 View Post
    What a weird post. You really felt the need to go into a Sprint store to show off your phone for some warm fuzzy feelings? I think you need a girlfriend or something.
    Killing time before meeting up at the bar with some men for a few beers while grumbled over how the Bills suck d*** last game and then went out and played full contact football. Afterward went back to the bar to have a few more beers, Guinness, and talk about chicks.

And since when is sales a girl only "warm and fuzzy" job.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Seriously... Pretty sad if you have to sell the Pre to Sprint employees.

Pitiful... dunno what other words to say. Cause then you have to think how they have been selling it to the other customers that walk in all this time. ugh.
    *edit*

The Employees at the actual corporate Sprint store in the area are pretty good and knowledgeable....but the kids they hire at the mall stores are just that..kids and the turnover there is incredible...

But you are correct, I wouldnt purchase anything there based on what they said.
    Last edited by leftyman; 10/07/2009 at 07:59 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Lol Ive been to the store and Kiosk in GreeceRidge and showed a couple of employees there the same apps and tweaks not too long ago.

and you are aware they are just some third party Sprint retailer?
    The Kiosk one is but the store is directly connected to the Henrietta one. And yea, they are a bunch of stones.
    Last edited by donm527; 10/07/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Haha, funny that they were wow'ed by all the things that would have killed the sprint insurance policy :-P
    Check out Jeep advertisements on televison....They show nonstop scenes of people doing things (driving offroad, basically) that will result in any Jeep dealer cheerfully explaining that your warranty has been invalidated because you didn't use the product for its intended use!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast