Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    The top part of Pre is sliding up and down to show the keyboard. But the top part of my pre also can moves a little bit left and right when it's not slided open. It gives you a feeling that it's not solid, kinda loose.

    Is your Pre also like this or it's just me got a not-so-good-quality one?
  2. #2  
    you mean kind of like how you twist an Oreo apart?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    The top part of Pre is sliding up and down to show the keyboard. But the top part of my pre also can moves a little bit left and right when it's not slided open. It gives you a feeling that it's not solid, kinda loose.

    Is your Pre also like this or it's just me got a not-so-good-quality one?
    Well, every slider phone will have some sort of "shift" in it. It all depends. some people may have a very strong slide mechanism, while others will not. My pre feels sturdy and has very little twist to it.....but i will advise you to stop twisting it. it will only make it worse. With that being said, it all comes down to how you feel about it. If it keeps bothering you, then replace it (if you'v got the money). If not, just leave it alone!, nothing is wrong with your phone...it's just you being paranoid..
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    you mean kind of like how you twist an Oreo apart?
    I mean it should just slide up and down, but mine can also move left-right a little, which it shouldn't happen.
  5. #5  
    Mine doesn't have any of this. I'm still on my first Pre and everything is absolutely fine with it. My wife is on her second but that's only because a nurse in the hospital decided to knock it off her table and crack the screen. She never had any issues with it either. The new one we got through insurance is fine as well.

    I guess we got lucky...
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  6. #6  
    yes there seem like different build qualities on the pre phone my first one was moving like the oreo cooky now it solid no moving.
  7. #7  
    I have had two, first bought in late June (late enough to have the silver ball instead of the white one), second acquired Monday of this week after the original showed USB port cracking (both new). First one was very sturdy, there was barely perceptible shift when closed as you describe. Second one actually isn't quite as fixed, at a guess there is a millimeter-plus of shift. Still it seems to work fine, and doesn't feel "alarming". I'm much more concerned about the USB cracking situation, than the oreo effect....Concerned enough that I retired my Seidio 2600 extended battery and bought a Touchstone.

    Unfortunately, glitches like this aren't astounding in a totally new device, though these are basic enough engineering that I'm a bit disappointed.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Well, every slider phone will have some sort of "shift" in it. It all depends. some people may have a very strong slide mechanism, while others will not. My pre feels sturdy and has very little twist to it.....but i will advise you to stop twisting it. it will only make it worse. With that being said, it all comes down to how you feel about it. If it keeps bothering you, then replace it (if you'v got the money). If not, just leave it alone!, nothing is wrong with your phone...it's just you being paranoid..
    Thank you. It does bother me a little but not that much. If it stays like this, i'm fine with it, I'm jsut afraid it would get worse at time goes by. I will have to use this phone for 2 years...
  9. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    Thank you. It does bother me a little but not that much. If it stays like this, i'm fine with it, I'm jsut afraid it would get worse at time goes by. I will have to use this phone for 2 years...

    after 1 year you get a $150 upgrade credit!!!
    Last edited by Jeffmcc; 10/08/2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: wrong info...

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  10.    #10  
    How about your Pre, people? Only a few people replied.
    I'm wondering if I should exchange my Pre. I have had my pre for a week now and I like it very much.
  11. #11  
    My opinion: if your Pre only twists a little, and has no other mechanical defects, then you can consider it to be "normal" for this device. You could exchange, but there's no guarantee that you'd get a better built Pre in return.

    Search this site, Youtube, or the net for the keywords Oreo and Pre and you'll see how bad the twist can get. Yours is probably like the rest of ours - a tiny bit of play that, while annoying for people like me, is something most of us decide to live with in exchange for WebOS.

    Welcome aboard!
  12. #12  
    Mine has developed just a slight Oreo one direction. It will overhang about a 1/16" of an inch at the power button. This started about 1-1.5 months in and it hasn't gotten any worse. Doesn't affect function at all. Still open and close one handed with thumb in the center of screen. Still on first Pre.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  13. #13  
    All the Pre I have tried so far have a bit of play. Mine does too, but very little. I believe it is all normal if all the Pre I play with have that. I recently bought a case for it that is sold by Sprint. It makes it completely solid. You can find it on Sprint.com. It has a silver and red covers. The back cover has an indent circle that fits the touchstone perfectly. I have it and I love it.

Posting Permissions