Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did you reboot? Some times it take a couplreof min to show up. Are you sure that you installed the Package manager service also?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

2.    #22  
    ya I've tried rebooting about 15 times or so now, still no luck, yup it says the package manager service in on there, because u can chec them off to uninstall
  3.    #23  
    would it be easier to run web doc erase the whole thing, then do the update to webOS 1.2.1, then add the apps I like back on, or I guess I will lose alot of other data that way??
    Sounds like you are are going to have to doctor it. Sorry
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by CamRonPRe View Post
    would it be easier to run web doc erase the whole thing, then do the update to webOS 1.2.1, then add the apps I like back on, or I guess I will lose alot of other data that way??

You won't loose as much as you think. Just homebrew stuff. That sounds like the best idea at this point.

6.    #26  
    when I doctor it though, will that lose all my chat history and everything as well?? or just the apps and tweaks??
  7.    #27  
    so then I'll have to re-install the QI and wutever apps I had???? or is easier to use preware
    when I doctor it though, will that lose all my chat history and everything as well?? or just the apps and tweaks??

Yes you will loose your chat history. But contacts, email, and offical Palm apps get backed up to your Palm Profile. You also need to save any pics you have taken.

Have you tried running the Repair utility since you have 1.2 still you can use it. Worth a try.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html

so then I'll have to re-install the QI and wutever apps I had???? or is easier to use preware

I use them both because there are some thing that you can not do with Preware. But I do use Preware the most.

10.    #30  
    I tried running the repair utility but didn't seem to be able to find my web doc file for some reason
    This seems to be a problem with WOSQI. Look around the forum, I believe I was the first to post on this and since then there have been quite a few other threads that have identified this problem as well.

However, I will say that there are quite a few people who have these patches and do not have this problem at all. It would be nice to know what it is that we have done to make this happen. I am sure that it must have to do with the order in which patches were applied, etc., but I just don't know.

I am going to doctor my Pre tonight to get my sounds back :-(
  12.    #32  
    I doctored mine last night, and have to get a few things back now, just doesn't seem to be the same...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12