Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    First post here. I did a search for this here and on some other Pre forums, but wanted to ask here. Will (and when) will Palm come out with the ability to change the system sounds (email, text, ec)?
    I prefer to not use homebrew apps, but may reconsider. Is something in the works? Ive been told it is and we *could* see something in the upcoming weeks, but I dont know much

I love the phone and use it of course for more important things than talking. Went on a 2000 mile trip and used the Sprint nav the whole time, worked flawlessly. No problems with my phone either so far!

Thanks everyone
    well i just updated it and doesnt come with any ability to change the system sounds ... the only way is using homebrews apps or tweaking ur phone ... maybe for the next updates come something from palm we will see!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thank you for the reply. I assumed that was the answer I was going to get, and its good to know. Its a very small detail, but I hope it gets addressed by Pre soon

I love this thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by AS4k View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I assumed that was the answer I was going to get, and its good to know. Its a very small detail, but I hope it gets addressed by Pre soon

I love this thing!
    it is very safe to use the program called preware. You can install patches with the program (including the sounds notification). it is safe, easy, and you do not really have to do anything but press the install button and rebooting your pre when installation completes..removing the patch is also as easy as installing them, you just hit the uninstall button, and reboot your phone when it is done uninstalling.

if you need any assistance, i can practically work you through the whole process.