Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Which begs the question, where is the difference between the German and UK/Irish models?. My understanding, from the webOS Internals documentation, is that there is no difference between the relevant versions of webOS Doctor*. So where does the sim lock reside?

*However the serial number for my Irish Pre will only let me download from the UK/Irish webOS doctor link. If anybody can provide a direct link to teh Germany verison I would be interested to try flashing with that.

morgmel
    I am in the situation that I bought a Pre last Thursday when I was in Germany. I bought it in the O2 store without a contract, but when I got back home to Copenhagen and tried to use my Danish sim card I can not create a profile. It keep saying;"you need to be connected to your wireless service providere´s network to sign in".
    So the 10.000 $ question is, how can this problem be solved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Behi View Post
    I am in the situation that I bought a Pre last Thursday when I was in Germany. I bought it in the O2 store without a contract, but when I got back home to Copenhagen and tried to use my Danish sim card I can not create a profile. It keep saying;"you need to be connected to your wireless service providere´s network to sign in".
    So the 10.000 $ question is, how can this problem be solved?
    What network you are on, did you try sim cards from other Danish carriers?

Member patersson says he was able to activate his german Pre with a sim from Danish TDC, might worth a try.

http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...ml#post1983372
    Last edited by mencho; 10/19/2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Changed the link
    has anyone tried putting an at&t sim card into the german pre? Would it work? Someone please reply! Thanks
    Thanks a lot mencho , I have just been down to my local TDC store and got a TDC-sim card...you know what? My Pre is working . I´m happiest man on the planet
    Quote Originally Posted by Behi View Post
    Thanks a lot mencho , I have just been down to my local TDC store and got a TDC-sim card...you know what? My Pre is working . I´m happiest man on the planet
    Glad to hear that there's one more happy Pre owner!

It appears that once your Pre is activated, you can use other operator sim cards with it as well.

However, data connection might not work, voice and text only.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi!

Some more information:

I installed the Sprint WebOS Doctor 1.2.1 on my german Pre. Works perfectly (except some minor issues with the app store). So the Radio part of the firmware must be either the same or is not touched when updating the device?!

Then I went back to 1.1.3 WebOS Doctor (O2 Germany).

Someone at the telefon-treff.de forums ripped apard the two firmware files and reported that there are "tons of settings for nearly every provider on the planet".

Also the KONAMI-Code is working the same as with the US-devices.

Great little device. A bit slow compared to my iPhone 3GS. But I like it very much. I couldn't believe what an innovative job Palm has done with the Pre.

Questions? Ask!

Greetings
    plant
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234