Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegass View Post
    Go to O2 site, go to HANDYS tab, go to PALM PRE tab and there you go: "Preis ohne Tarif (O2 My HAndy) 20EUR mtl.

Pegass
    Yes! Sorry to be a pain...I didn't make the connection. That rocks.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    German ebay gets flooded with Pres now. There was a guy, who sold three pieces at 355€ each. Seems like pretty good deal. Unfortunately didn't manage to grab one of those. The others are a bit cheaper than O2's original price...

Pegass
    Another question for those thinking of importing- if you switch to English, does it still obey the QWERTZ layout, or does it follow a normal US QWERTY layout? If it'd just be a visual difference, that might be nice for people as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Another question for those thinking of importing- if you switch to English, does it still obey the QWERTZ layout, or does it follow a normal US QWERTY layout? If it'd just be a visual difference, that might be nice for people as well.
    Good question. I just asked few ebay sellers. Lets see, what the answers will be.

Pegass
    Quote Originally Posted by beez276 View Post
    Have i understood the ad on the German O2 link correctly, "first 50 preorders get a free Touchstone"? Not bad.
    That's correct. Additionally, ALL business customers that preorder until October 12th (today) get the touchstone as well. This is for both with or without contract.
    Good question. I just asked few ebay sellers. Lets see, what the answers will be.

Pegass
    Two guys confirmed, that Z stays Z when Pre is switched to English. Not good.

Pegass
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    German ebay gets flooded with Pres now. There was a guy, who sold three pieces at 355€ each. Seems like pretty good deal. Unfortunately didn't manage to grab one of those. The others are a bit cheaper than O2's original price...

Pegass
    hey can you please link us to some of these stores, preferably ones that can speak english, thank you in advance.
    I went to O2 shop in Stuttgart today in order to touch the Pro and maybe buy it.
    When I decided to pick one despite this QWERTZ thing, I have been aksed all those questions about address, bank account aso. They they asked me to wait, since contract has to "be proven" in the SYSTEM ;-)
    After half an hour they got an answer. Negative answer!
    No word why, just can't sell Pre to me and that's it. I tried in another shop and same story, only I had to wait much longer for my NO.
    I live here over one year. I work here, pay taxes here, have offcial ANMELDUNG, bank account with decent turnovers, no loans, one small hardly used credit card and still NO. I guess you must have a German personal ID in order to grab pre non-ebay way...

I am so annoyed, that decided to wait for proper QWERTY version now ;-)

It was sooo close ;-)

Pegass
    Two guys confirmed, that Z stays Z when Pre is switched to English. Not good.

Pegass
    Wait for the UK or Spanish webOS Doctor, and a Sprint Dummy, that should do the trick.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I guess you must have a German personal ID in order to grab pre non-ebay way...

Pegass
    Sorry to hear. They should have told you in advance wether a german ID is required or not. You probably know someone with such an ID who can buy it for you. As this is no real contract, there shouldn't be any risk for the guy buying the pre for you. But dunno wether you can use your Pre abroad with a different provider.

I got mine today, very excited. On the other hand already annoied, as I cannot set up Exchange Active Sync and SMTP servers won't do either. Hopefully they roll an update shortly that fixes this issue.
    Do we know what webOS version these Pres are running?
    We do. 1.1.2 out of the box, update 1.1.3 available for download.

My issues at the moment are:

1) EAS with a self-signed certificate is not working. Imported the cert, and it looks allright. EAS Setup keeps telling the date/time of the cert would be incorrect.

2) IMAP: Picking up mails works, but cannot send mails as the smtp config is refused as invalid. Triple checked, should be fine for all IMAP accounts I use.

So at this moment I have this new phone, can read some of my mails, but cannot send any and of course have no contacts on my Pre as they are stored in my Outlook.
    Can anyone confirm the bands supported? I saw the manual here and it's very confusing:

http://www.o2online.de/nw/assets/sho...anual-blob.pdf

Funkverbindung
    • Dualband WCDMA/HSDPA (850/1900
    oder 900/2100)
    • Quadband GSM/GPRS/EGPRS (850/900/
    1800/1900)
    So does it actually support 850/1900 HSDPA for the German version?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    We do. 1.1.2 out of the box, update 1.1.3 available for download.

My issues at the moment are:

1) EAS with a self-signed certificate is not working. Imported the cert, and it looks allright. EAS Setup keeps telling the date/time of the cert would be incorrect.

2) IMAP: Picking up mails works, but cannot send mails as the smtp config is refused as invalid. Triple checked, should be fine for all IMAP accounts I use.

So at this moment I have this new phone, can read some of my mails, but cannot send any and of course have no contacts on my Pre as they are stored in my Outlook.
    Ohhhh, my german friend you must tell us brits what you think of the phone so far good? keyboard? quality?
    I love it so much! The screen is awesome. The keys were a bit uncomfy at first, but it is getting better. Think I just need to adapt a bit. What I heard a few times now is that people dislike the "sharp edges" when the keyboard is pulled. Doesn't bother me, so all good for me.

I spent now a few hours with the email problems I mentioned above, and those probs are fixed now. Only issue I have atm is that the exchange connection won't let me chose which address book to use (I have a few and want just a specific one to sync with pre). Hopefully this can be addressed as well. If anyone encounters above problems as well, let me know. I don't want to spam this thread with such offtopic stuff unless needed.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    i bought one yesterday from ebay, and the seller didnt send it yet, i can wait
    just thought of sharing this
    Great!! Did you buy it off eBay Germany? and if so which seller?I'm from Australia and very keen on getting my hands on one?
    do you use hotmail??
    it supports hotmail right? and hotmail emails arrive fast right (push email)?

i believe it does, but just checking
    I bought it in a local O2 store. It was 5 in the afternoon and I was the first Pre buyer they had. There even was a Palm guy in the shop, but I couldn't manage to get any infos or goodies. They didn't carry the touchstone which I wanted as well, tried to talk the Palm guy into sending me one as the first Pre customer at that store. But, no luck. So I decided to carry my Pre home instead of talking to those guys. I actually do not like ebay, too much Scams and such. If you wait just a short while there will be some trusty retailers instead of questionable ebayers. I already found the Pre on simyo.de --> sorry but forum doesn't allow me to post links. Dunno wether they deliver to other countries than Germany. But you still have the problem that australian service providers are unlikely to be available on the Pre, and afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $manually$ $add$ $settings$ $yet$.

No hotmail for me, thx. No clue wether hotmail offers push. I added an exchange account (fast), a POP account from GMX (pulls every 30 mins I believe) and 3 IMAP accounts from my webspace provider. Everything works smooth now, just that I cannot find an option to chose which contact list to sync via EAS. It always pulls the standard list, which is not the one I want.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Please oh please is there anybody that can list which European service providers ARE supported by the German Pre. In my case: is KPN one of them? I want a Pre so badly, but only when I'm certain I can use it over KPN's 3G network for data as well.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast