Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint added $200 big ones to my bill for roaming. They said that if I make a call or rec'd a call while roaming you are charge for the minutes. I thought the everything plan included roaming? Has anyone else had this problem with the Everything Plan. Hey you could start a call and not be roaming, move to the right and the Pre will show roaming. My phone has switch to roaming several times while I'm in the house -- are they going to give me an airwave to fix the problem. So I'm just mad about this.
    While the Everything plan does include roaming it is not truly unlimited. Details are in the fine print. They basically reserve the right to do whatever they like if you exceed a certain number of roaming minutes.

That said, it'd be nice if the served you up with a waring first.
    interesting. I have had "tri-mode" type phones for years with sprint just so I can get roaming to "V". I seem to recall it was an add on years ago. But I also understood it was included with your everything plan. Checking it now. will update in a few mins.

update: It is true sprint can do what they want yet I find it hard to believe that whey would just hit you hard for roaming. Have you looked up your plan online? does it say Data/Msg/Amer Roam/Sprint Nav in the list of add ons? also where did you roam ( canada or Mexico maybe)? if you roamed outside a USA tower you have to have the international add on and that is only to get a lower rate. No free roam outside USA.

See post #20 for list of questions from other members and I.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/07/2009 at 05:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have the Simply Everything plan and it says:

"Unlimited talk: Unlimited anytime minutes, nationwide long distance and no roaming charges"
    Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming.
    never been charged for roaming and if I was, and they didnt fix it I would probably cancel my account, because when they say no roaming charges thats what I expect
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winehead99 View Post
    never been charged for roaming and if I was, and they didnt fix it I would probably cancel my account, because when they say no roaming charges thats what I expect
    again, read the fine print.

If the majority of your minutes, or if you are an excessive talker, 800 minutes are used while roaming you will be charged. If you are roaming in your home, they will be able to tell and they should help you out with an airave although you might not get any of it free, since there is a MRC with it. Like a previous post said, call them, they might fix it but not time after time.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've heard of them cancelling service if you have the Everything Plan and roam too much but this is the first time I've heard of them charging roaming fees on an Everything Plan.
    I have Everything Data and got hit with a $95 roaming charge this month as well. I chatted with sprint online and the first rep insisted the bill was correct and that the charge was for data roaming, and that only voice roaming was free.
    However the charge was showing up under minutes used and being billed as voice minutes and not as data, so I requested to be transfered to a supervisor.
    Within 3 minutes the supervisor found the problem that a certain line had been removed from my account when they upgraded me to the ED plan back in June which was forcing the system to bill me for roaming...
    Long story short, I was informed that I should not be paying for voice or data roaming charges.

With that said...as ryleyinstl states, the do have a provision in the terms where they can get you for excessive roaming.

My suggestion is to start with Customer Care, and if that doesn't work, move on up to Retentions. See if it's being billed correctly first, then if so, what they are willing to do for you.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    again, read the fine print.

If the majority of your minutes, or if you are an excessive talker, 800 minutes are used while roaming you will be charged. If you are roaming in your home, they will be able to tell and they should help you out with an airave although you might not get any of it free, since there is a MRC with it. Like a previous post said, call them, they might fix it but not time after time.
    I can't find that even in the fine print. I found the part where it says Sprint may terminate service under those scenarios but not where it says they will charge you for the roaming charges. (Unless it's international roaming)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Here's one of the issues with roaming. Roaming costs (for Sprint or any other carrier) far exceeds the revenue they generate from your business. If someone is always roaming, or the majority of their time is spent roaming, then maybe they need to select another carrier. Isn't excessive roaming taking advantage of the general intent of the service provider?

Service providers are in business for basically two reasons, on to provide service and two to make money.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    If someone is always roaming, or the majority of their time is spent roaming, then maybe they need to select another carrier.
    Or, to play devil's advocate, maybe that's a sign that Sprint needs to increase their coverage in that area. I know every situation is different but Sprint claims to have great coverage in my area so if I'm "roaming" in my usual area, it's because Sprint's coverage map is wrong/misleading.
    If you are on the 99.00 plan there are no roaming charges. If you are on one of the new any mobile plans you are not charged roaming either however your mins will count off as if you were talking to a landline.

So if you go over your alloted min then you will be charged.40 min.
    I am not able to find anywhere in Sprint terms and conditions where they stipulate they will charge you for excessive roaming. They do say they can terminate your service but there is no mention of implied fees. I have heard of some people getting hit with warning letters telling them they were roaming to much and if it continued they would be terminated.

"Roaming-Included Plans: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming.'
    has anyone asked him how many min. he used lol I would like to know
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If you are on the 99.00 plan there are no roaming charges. If you are on one of the new any mobile plans you are not charged roaming either however your mins will count off as if you were talking to a landline.

So if you go over your alloted min then you will be charged.40 min.
    that's inncorrect the only time min are taken off of a 450 min unlimited everything else plan is when you call using google voice or calling voicemail or calling landline .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    my guess is that he has poor really poor service where he lives and roams alot , but to get charged for it would mean they didn't change his plan correctly. That's my best guess anyways. Let us know what you find out op !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    yeah we need more info from the op
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    yeah we need more info from the op
    Ok, I call from work in VA to my friend in CA and she is has a sprint phone. The problem is that in my office my phone goes into roaming all the time. And since she on sprint and I'm on sprint it should be included in mobile to mobile -- correct? I used 772 minutes. I have a 1,500 minutes everything plan, but they said if your phone is roaming and you use it then they charge you for roaming.
    Well it's been 1-1/2 hours since op was here. Maybe soon.
    OP- tell us:
    How many mins you can use in plan and what did you use?
    Do you roam more than not?
    Did you roam outside USA?
    Did you Tether much and if so, do you think you went over 5g?
    Do you use any google or other dial program?
    Is this all with a Palm Pre or are there other phone involved and if so what are they?
    Is it a family plan?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast