Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thats what Ive been Saying all along, but Shadavis08 has to be the big bully that is ALWAYS right.
    Well, I've had your back. =D

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Three people have posted text from the agreement - if others want to waste their time arguing with a CS rep, let them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Ive read the agreement where it plainly states amtm does not include international or roaming, Its printed on the brochure for amtm, Its plain as day in the amtm commercial, and it plainly says it on the Sprint website.

Unlimited domestic calls FROM the Sprint network.

Look at th top of the screen at :19

No roaming during the nights and wknds.

Sprint needs to do a better job training their employees.
    Which is what I said... The system does a hard-hand off, switching you over to the roaming network. And any calls are routed through to their appropriate minute bucket at that point, until you end such call. If the phone finds you to be within Sprint coverage again, it'll switch back onto it, and you're good to go.. Not sure where I lost you in my explanation there...
    Wow, $10 more for an hour early nights and weekends. What happen to the 5 o'clock option? Ah well. Yeah, I have mine set to sprint only and data off as well.
    well i dare them to try me with that and i thought they disabled the option of roam only on sprint phones?
    Just went to Sprint's website (Support - Article) for some info on data roaming...

What are the terms & conditions related to roaming and data use for Connection and Phone as Modem Plans?

Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a) 5 GB per month in total or (b) 300 MB per month while off-network roaming.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    this is from a conversation i just had with a person on the sprint chat:

i have the palm pre and the Everything Data 450 plan

The phone ships with Data Roaming disabled

I was looking at sprint.com at my account, and noticed that it says the following:

Everything Data 450 $69.99450 Anytime Minutes IncludedNationwide Long Distance IncludedAMERICA - ROAMING IncludedUnlimited Any Mobile, AnytimeUnlimited Sms Text MessagingUnlimited Picture MailUnlimited Data UsageSprint NavigationSprint Data Essentials PackNights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AMCaller IDCall WaitingThree-way CallingVoicemail

sorry...i only meant to copy AMERICA - ROAMING Included

I was wondering if that meant there was no charge for data roaming

i wanted to verify i wouldn't be charged for data roaming before i turned it on
    23:34:44 Shurhonda
    You will not be charged for roaming charges on the Everything data plan.
    23:35:02 Martino
    is that roaming for voice and data networks?
    23:35:19 Shurhonda
    That is correct.
    23:35:35 Martino
    great, so i can safely turn on data roaming and not worry about extra charges
    23:35:55 Martino
    i saw there was a limit on the data roaming if it is the primary means of data usage
    23:36:13 Martino
    Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a) 5 GB per month in total or (b) 300 MB per month while off-network roaming.
    23:36:29 Shurhonda
    You will not be charged roaming charges you can turn the device on.

Therefore, if you have an everything data plan, you should NOT be charged for any roaming, but they may just kick you off sprint...friendly people
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Service providers are in business for basically two reasons, one to provide service and two to make money.
    Ahem, hem, HEM!

NO! They are only in business to make money. They do that by providing service and the less they can pay to provide that service the more money they make.

Basic business 101!
    Funny thing about this phone is that I roam ALL THE TIME, almost no matter where I am. I'll go from great signal to roaming out of no where. I roam at home, roam at my friends' houses. About the only place I won't "slip" into roaming is at work or in the actual city (Chicago).

None of my other phones were ever like this. I've had Sprint for a while now. If they hit me with this, ever, this phone is gone and so is Sprint. To me this kind of thing is unacceptable. I hope you get it figured out.
    Haven't read the whole thread, just the last couple posts but...

The Everything Data plans do not have a data cap. The cap is only for mobile broadband cards. They include roaming at no additional charge. If you are charged for domestic roaming (not international) then something isn't setup on the account correctly. Most likely if you are charged, whichever line is getting charged probably just didn't have to roaming code provisioned through correctly, it happens. But the plan does include roaming at no additional charge, even if you go over the limit (notice it doesn't say "unlimited" roaming).

Sprint does reserve the right to cancel or limit your service if you use a majority of minutes or data, or 800 minutes while roaming. You should not get charged for it either way, but you will get a notice about exceeding the roaming limit and the option to leave Sprint and go to another carrier without an ETF.

The information listed above "Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a) 5 GB per month in total or (b) 300 MB per month while off-network roaming." specifically is for the mobile broadband cards or PAM plans. It does not apply to phones.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    So did this turn out to be a case of roaming use after exceeding the minutes on the plan? Because from reading the thread I get the impression that they did not go over their any time minutes and that in order to get hit with the applicable roaming rates the roaming must happen for minutes that go over your any time minutes Otherwise you aren't charged for them however they do count towards your anytime minutes. But the point is if they did not exceed their any time minutes then no charges apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    So did this turn out to be a case of roaming use after exceeding the minutes on the plan? Because from reading the thread I get the impression that they did not go over their any time minutes and that in order to get hit with the applicable roaming rates the roaming must happen for minutes that go over your any time minutes Otherwise you aren't charged for them however they do count towards your anytime minutes. But the point is if they did not exceed their any time minutes then no charges apply.
    No.

Another person in this thread has tried to explain this, but I'll go for it again.

This is how roaming is working on Sprint. If a Sprint person tells you otherwise, ask to speak to his or her manager. I've confirmed this with 7 different people at Sprint, as I needed to get it in writing multiple times for a business with a LOT of lines.

If you have anytime minutes, then roaming counts off those anytime minutes NO MATTER WHAT unless it is:

1) After 7 PM
    2) The weekend

The reason Sprint is doing this, at least according to their better technical support, is that when roaming they have no way of telling whether it's mobile-to-mobile, and it therefore counts off your anytime minutes as if you were dialing a landline.

Making an example for you:

If you have 450 anytime minutes, and free any mobile to mobile, if you make over 450 minutes of calls even to ANOTHER Sprint mobile phone while roaming, you WILL be charged for the additional minutes.

This isn't a "roaming charge" -- it's a charge for exceeding the amount of anytime minutes available.

The people telling you this charge doesn't occur or that it won't hit you are mistaken. If you have AM2M and you roam a lot and you don't have a lot of anytime minutes, you WILL end up with a charge.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Sprint added $200 big ones to my bill for roaming. They said that if I make a call or rec'd a call while roaming you are charge for the minutes. I thought the everything plan included roaming? Has anyone else had this problem with the Everything Plan. Hey you could start a call and not be roaming, move to the right and the Pre will show roaming. My phone has switch to roaming several times while I'm in the house -- are they going to give me an airwave to fix the problem. So I'm just mad about this.
    yes you have a simply everything plan but "everything" doesn't include unlimited minutes.
    in the phone app under preferences there is a settingfor 'data roaming' by default it is det to disabled. I have heard of Data roaming charges, but not voice. I am interested to hear more details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracostian View Post
    The people telling you this charge doesn't occur or that it won't hit you are mistaken. If you have AM2M and you roam a lot and you don't have a lot of anytime minutes, you WILL end up with a charge.
    I don't happen to be the person who started the thread but after reading everything the OP never came back and definitively answered if they exceeded their anytime minutes. You described exactly how it works and how I understand it to be. So my point was if the OP is being charged then they had to have gone over their minutes. There may be a special circumstance that if you are roaming for all of your minutes month after month. However the everything plans even those with a minute limit state in the plan details no roaming charges. I roam a lot on my everything data 1500 family plan and we never get charged for roaming but we also never go over our minutes and sometimes the roaming minutes exceed non-roaming minutes. And until the any mobile any time we used up all but less than 200 minutes every month. So you can see why I want to know all the details as to why they were charged fees for roaming.
    this whole thread makes me scratch my head
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    in the phone app under preferences there is a settingfor 'data roaming' by default it is det to disabled. I have heard of Data roaming charges, but not voice. I am interested to hear more details.
    Post #66 should answer your question.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234