Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    When a friend or stranger asks you what that phone your using is, and you tell them it's a palm pre, they usually ask something along the lines of "so what's cool about it?" or "is it like the iPhone?" If they don't ask, they're wondering.

So given 30-60 seconds to "sell" someone on the Pre, what do you show them?

I usually show how you can run multiple apps ad then show them synergy while explaining how everything is in the cloud so backups are not necessary and you can access everything online.

What do you show off first?
    I blast them with the wave... Show them how I can open 4 apps at the same time. It's mind-bottling.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    I blast them with the wave... Show them how I can open 4 apps at the same time. It's mind-bottling.
    Lol - after reading that I thought "Does he mean you can use multi-touch on the wave to open multiple applications?" Then I tried it and it completely froze my phone.
    True Multi-tasking!! Watch as I listen to music, text a friend, write an email, all while browsing the web!! ANd then sing, "anything you can do, I can do betteeer" (to there phone obviously)
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Like when your mind's stuck in a bottle and it can't get out?

The Pre is special in the way it multitasks, and the interface in general, IMO. Sure, other phones multitask, it's just a little more elegant if you will on the Pre. It also doesn't look dated like other platforms(ahem Blackberry)
    lol thats awesome. I dont necessarily mean "same time" but load simultaneously... Sorry!

Also: when I get all of them open I show the gesture area more by swiping across the apps I opened up. It's pretty impressive if you do it fast enough.
    Show them it is not a pretentious Apple product....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Man, Palm's marketing of the multitasking sure has worked on people. My Pearl had "true multitasking", yet people on here act like it's a brand new feature never before seen on smart phones!
    lol
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Man, Palm's marketing of the multitasking sure has worked on people. My Pearl had "true multitasking", yet people on here act like it's a brand new feature never before seen on smart phones!
    That "multi-tasking" is not the same as the Pre's. Just like the MyTouch's multi-tasking is not the same as the Pre's.

Not sure what you mean by "true" multitasking, either.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Show them it is not a pretentious Apple product....
    It's not the products that are pretentious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It's not the products that are pretentious...
    ain't that the truth. I use apple products but I hate their fans.
    @sam1am

thanks for the laugh I truly found that very funny .! ^_^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    That "multi-tasking" is not the same as the Pre's. Just like the MyTouch's multi-tasking is not the same as the Pre's.

Not sure what you mean by "true" multitasking, either.
    Someone else said "true", that's the post I was responding to, without actually quoting it.
    I just show them the launcher and cards...but tell them to ignore the iphone theme.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I just show them my boot logo of the linux penguin with the apple in his stomach lol it gets a laugh and "how did you do that every time"
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Well, since you bring up marketing...have you ever noticed that, while Apple may show off the fact that it has 75k apps in every cutesy little teeny-bopper commercial they make, that they never once actually show the phone switching between apps? Ever notice that Palm shows switching between apps in every one of their commercials? And, I could be wrong, but I don't actually recall Palm (Sprint says "multiple applications at once") actually using the term multitasking in any of their ads.

You can call it whatever you want, but I'd say that both of those companies know there's something brand new going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Well, since you bring up marketing...have you ever noticed that, while Apple may show off the fact that it has 75k apps in every cutesy little teeny-bopper commercial they make, that they never once actually show the phone switching between apps? Ever notice that Palm shows switching between apps in every one of their commercials? And, I could be wrong, but I don't actually recall Palm (Sprint says "multiple applications at once") actually using the term multitasking in any of their ads.

You can call it whatever you want, but I'd say that both of those companies know there's something brand new going on here.
    I know Sprint runs commercials that highlight running multiple apps, and have run print ads saying the same, I'm not sure about Palm ads, but I know it was a major marketing point before the phone was launched.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Most of the people I show my Pre to like the keyboard and size/shape. Everyone agrees that it feels better and is easier to hold than the iPhone.
    Multitasking is a bit stressing word. Is better to say "multiple activities at once"...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast