Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And yes, clueless people+marketing is powerful and dangerous...
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ITNV View Post
    Most of the people I show my Pre to like the keyboard and size/shape. Everyone agrees that it feels better and is easier to hold than the iPhone.
    I let them hold the Pre, then tell them that I can use Sprint navigation, listen to Pandora and check the weather all at the same time. I show them the wave and since I use advanced gestures I switch between a few running applications. If they are in IT, I tell them that the applications are HTML pages using HTML 5 data store methods. Finally I tell them that the Sprint data network is faster than the other major data networks.
    Last edited by tannyo; 10/07/2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Finally I tell them that the Sprint data network is faster than the other major data networks.
    Just telling them that you don't have to fight all the iPhone users for bandwidth should be enough to convince most IT people!
    People seem to like the LED light and how it is touch responsive..have had multiple friends drain my battery this way with their fascination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I know Sprint runs commercials that highlight running multiple apps, and have run print ads saying the same, I'm not sure about Palm ads, but I know it was a major marketing point before the phone was launched.
    What I'm getting at is saying that you old phone, or the iPhone, or WinMo phones technically do run multiple process simultaneously is SO not the point. It's not the what, it's the how that makes it worth talking about.
    I see a 100 threads asking this same question talking about the same thing... So, they must be missing the point when you try and tell someone why the PRE is so good.

SO, I think we need to have a VISUAL REFERENCE.

Do this. Walk up to the person and tell them to stand there. Tell them to do nothing but stand there and smile. Then say, "your name is IPHONE."

Take 3 steps back and point to yourself and say... "I'M PRE"...

Start yelling, smiling, jumping up and down, waving, run around in circles, do kart wheels, take a sip of soda.

THEN STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING and ask them.

YOU TELL ME WHAT LOOKS MORE INTERESTING AND EXCITING. Then walk away into the sunset.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Man, Palm's marketing of the multitasking sure has worked on people. My Pearl had "true multitasking", yet people on here act like it's a brand new feature never before seen on smart phones!
    I always wondered about the mulittasking on the pre vs other phones, I know for sure on winmo, I would have to close out a program in order to access another so multitasking was not happening.

on webOS I can start an app start another app and so on, to access the app again all I need to do is swipe left to right or right to left and the open app will appear where I left off. It is very easy to "swipe" back and forth between other programs.

Can someone explain the process how android handles mutitasking? or BB which I'm assuming is on the pearl.
    It actually works

Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    I see a 100 threads asking this same question talking about the same thing... So, they must be missing the point when you try and tell someone why the PRE is so good.

SO, I think we need to have a VISUAL REFERENCE.

Do this. Walk up to the person and tell them to stand there. Tell them to do nothing but stand there and smile. Then say, "your name is IPHONE."

Take 3 steps back and point to yourself and say... "I'M PRE"...

Start yelling, smiling, jumping up and down, waving, run around in circles, do kart wheels, take a sip of soda.

THEN STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING and ask them.

YOU TELL ME WHAT LOOKS MORE INTERESTING AND EXCITING. Then walk away into the sunset.
    i second this!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Need to use the Pre to value WebOS.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I always wondered about the mulittasking on the pre vs other phones, I know for sure on winmo, I would have to close out a program in order to access another so multitasking was not happening.

on webOS I can start an app start another app and so on, to access the app again all I need to do is swipe left to right or right to left and the open app will appear where I left off. It is very easy to "swipe" back and forth between other programs.

Can someone explain the process how android handles mutitasking? or BB which I'm assuming is on the pearl.
    Windows Mobile actually does multitask. In fact, you're only option is to multitask and Microsoft wont actually sign your application if it has a way of closing itself. When you hit that little X in the corner, your app just gets minimized. To get back to it, you just need to hit the icon again or have an application that shows you everything that is running.

Microsoft's philosophy was that multi-tasking was a no brainer but memory management should never be up to the user. The problem with this, of course, was that if you ran a lot of applications things tended to get pretty slow.

Someone might correct me on this, but on Android it seems to be pretty much the same story. When you think you're closing something you're actually minimizing it. The difference here is that it will actually close the 5th or 6th oldest program whenever you open a new one. So it stays there in memory until you've opened several other programs. You can switch back by holding the home button on the home screen (I think) or clicking on the apps icon again.

Never used a blackberry because I'm not a loser.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Uhhh ...? It's NOT an Apple?
    The truth is a lot of phones out there multitask, but none works intuitive.

That's the HUGE difference.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12