Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    Please forgive me if there is a post somewhere else about this. I know I have seen a few in the past but could not seem to find them under the search option.
    My phone seems to tell me I have too many cards open when I only have one or maybe two cards actually open. I'll then close all of the cards and then I can open around ten cards with no problem. On some websites, I will click on a link and it will open the new page on the same card. If I have done this once or twice, the phone will tell me I have too many cards open. Sometimes if I click a link and it opens in the same card, then go and actually open a new card to go to a new site (two cards open) it will also tell me I have too many cards open. Sometimes when it tells me this, i'll click on the same link again just to try, and it will open normally without giving me the message? Is this normal or should I be concerned? It is pretty frustrating.
    I will also mention that the battery gets real hot when charging or on a long call and my hotmail account does not sync.
    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.
    How often have you been rebooting the phone? I find that if I turn it off/on every few days that helps greatly with card memory errors and other random mystery bugs.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Not very often. I did reboot last night, but haven't had a chance to really test it out as of yet, no "too many cards" as of yet though. Should I really have to do that though?
    All the loading and unloading of programs + the occasional app emory leak and the like can cause instability as the amount of available RAM memory fills up. Similar issue to what happens to your home computer over time if you don't shut it off ever once in a while. Being as these smart phones are basically computers these days (running desktop like OS's) it's "normal" to require a reboot now and again. In the case of webOS perhaps a bit more given that it is in it's infancy right now.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Point taken......thanks.
    Have you had this happen?
    Too many cards error...only once but I never have more than 4 or 5 open usually. Other strangeness, yes, every once in a while.
    The too many cards open is, in this case anyway, related to a memory leak. Do you have the web as one of your open cards by any chance?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    This has only happened with a web card open. Only one or two cards open at a time.
    Yes. I just seen this message also.I have Messaging and a game open and it seems to warn me about cards.
    i would either overclock, return, or doctor the phone
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    it has been reported that UberKernel with Govnah will solve the TMC issue. Have you tried that?
    I haven't had TMC in over a year, Sprint Pre,stock. Every morning I clear the history/cache and hit the orange+sym+r. Once every week or two I clear the cookies. There is a patch to reset every day. But you could hit reset and go make coffee, attack your partner, jump in shower etc. Try it it's free.
    Had the TMC issue a lot a while back. Weekly resets, and clearing the browers info (Cache, cookies, history) helped.
    BUT
    if you want a more permanent (and imo an all around phone improvement) overclock. It is really easy and make the phone SO much better. Since doing it I haven't a TMC issue at all.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wonder if 2.0 will finally take care of the tmc error?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I've gotten TMC even with overclocking, always related to the browser app. It's much more rare than before overclocking, but it does still happen.
    I had never had this happen to me until 2 days ago. But then again I had 15 cards open doing stuff on them. Yikes I didn't know I was a Pre Phone Addict.
    I had the problem until I over clocked. It's the damn browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I had never had this happen to me until 2 days ago. But then again I had 15 cards open doing stuff on them. Yikes I didn't know I was a Pre Phone Addict.
    wow, 15 cards. That's crazy. Now that's muti-tasking.
    LOL I didn't even realize I had that many open. I was showing off to a friend who is with Verizon and wants a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it has been reported that UberKernel with Govnah will solve the TMC issue. Have you tried that?
    Yup, he's right.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast