Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Has anyone else seen this? Last night, I was lying in bed and saw my LED notification light blinking. Wondering who would email me at that hour I picked up my phone, opened the email app and saw I had 3 emails. When I clicked on one nothing happened. I tapped on all 3 with no action, then sometimes the header would slide to the edge of the screen and stay there. Finally, one of them opened, and when I tried to scroll through the message the letters would enlarge with every downswipe and get smaller with an upswipe (sort of like pinch and zoom except it was happening with swipes). I closed that email and eventually opened the others and had the same thing. I closed the only things open (an alarm, Brightness Unlinked on the dashboard, and Agenda) and that didn't change anything. I finally reset the phone and opened them again and everything was fine. I thought maybe it was the way the sender had formatted the email, but I had 3 emails from 2 different people, so it wasn't that.
    Do you have the enhanced spell checker/Autocorect tweak. If so remove it it caused me all sorts of weird email issues
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I do. I saw suggestions to remove it because it is also slowing down how fast the message body shows up in the email - sometimes 40-45 seconds to load. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I guess that will be my project tonight.
    Agreed.. The Spell Checker/Auto correct tweak causes some major overhead. I don't recommend anyone using this till it doesn't cause a slow down on the email presentation. I also think that 1.2.x release caused a slow down as well. Hopefully the palm developers can speed it up soon.
    Ive actually seen that and a BUNCH of other problems with email since the latest update. And i DONT have that patch on my pre and that has happened to me too. i think its something to do with the update.