Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    I guess since I will be going to a repair store, the odds of getting a new, and not refurb phone, are limited to none. This way, I will not be getting a phone out of the stores stock :-(
    I probably stated it poorly. The repair centers don't only do repairs. By "repair center only", I meant that you could only return them there.

    They are retail outlets as well. I suspect the chances of getting a new phone are decent; however, I never got a new replacement Treo (of the same model, they did upgrade me twice). Replacements were all refurbs, and I didn't have a problem with that.

    Refurbs are not "return to stock" used units. The electronics are refurbished, and a new case put on. You should be OK with a refurb. Inspect it just as closely as a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by exterminateu2 View Post
    I live in the dallas/fort worth area and I been treated pretty good by the corporate stores.
    Same here, no complaints from me.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    why would you use tep (isn't there a deductible) rather than the warranty?

    i just brought my 3 month phone back and exchanged it- dropped in saturday, they verified there was a problem (volume up key not working), ordered me up a replacement, and i picked it up monday. no hassle, no muss, no deductible.
    I also have the $4 Tep and just replaced my phone. They did not charge a deductibe. A couple of phones back the ppc6700 I believe I had to pay a deductible. My replacement was a refurb though. I do not know if this has anything to do with it. Although, I doubt it. I am not sure if they replaced it on warranty or the Tep? They just replaced it with no questions asked.
  3. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    why would you use tep (isn't there a deductible) rather than the warranty?

    i just brought my 3 month phone back and exchanged it- dropped in saturday, they verified there was a problem (volume up key not working), ordered me up a replacement, and i picked it up monday. no hassle, no muss, no deductible.
    There's no deductible on tep if there's no physical/water damage. Plus through tep they give you a one year guarantee against any defect so if the replacement has any issues they will give you another.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  4.    #24  
    Well, I just got back from the repair center. To clarify, the location I visited was a repair ONLY center; this location does not do sales, only repairs. The rep immediately knew the issue, and said to give them about 30 minutes for a possible fix. He stated that they had fixed one other pre with the same issue.

    Sure enough, by the time I got back from starbucks, the phone had been (partially) fixed. The slider no longer makes a clicking sound, but it does not go all the way up on its own. It still requires a little push to go all the way, but that is no big deal; I was mostly concerned with the clicking sound.

    So it seems that all is well, and I get to keep my launch day pre! Thanks to everyone for all the tips and advice!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Well, I just got back from the repair center. To clarify, the location I visited was a repair ONLY center; this location does not do sales, only repairs. The rep immediately knew the issue, and said to give them about 30 minutes for a possible fix. He stated that they had fixed one other pre with the same issue.

    Sure enough, by the time I got back from starbucks, the phone had been (partially) fixed. The slider no longer makes a clicking sound, but it does not go all the way up on its own. It still requires a little push to go all the way, but that is no big deal; I was mostly concerned with the clicking sound.

    So it seems that all is well, and I get to keep my launch day pre! Thanks to everyone for all the tips and advice!
    Now take a look a the battery door and see if it is missing a piece on the inside. That is what caused my slider to malfunction. There should be the plastic casing all around the charging port. The plastic that goes on the "bottom" (the thinnest part) of mine broke off. So while it is functioning properly again, it is not "whole".

    Just an FYI.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    Now take a look a the battery door and see if it is missing a piece on the inside. That is what caused my slider to malfunction. There should be the plastic casing all around the charging port. The plastic that goes on the "bottom" (the thinnest part) of mine broke off. So while it is functioning properly again, it is not "whole".

    Just an FYI.
    Can you please clarify? I am not sure what piece you are referring to.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions