Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    hey spectralfish

not sure. it may be the same as the u.s. or different? My point was about a large number of of countries outside the u.s. being fine with dual, but not all.

here's a handy list
    GSM frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And Canada.
    And South America.
    And Australia.
    And the Philippines.

Not a small list IMO.

And actually 900MHz only opened up recently in Europe, so not very many networks use it, for the most part it's 2100 only.

You should be looking at this one instead, GSM frequencies are not banded the same way as UMTS: UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ok..so took the plunge and have the O2 pre here in India now,

obviously the seller did not activate on the german network

now i know of the web os meta doctor way... but im too naive bout computers

and dont think i have the skills.... any easier way out ?

thanks guys
    So the gsm mexican telel version's 3g will be compatible with the 3g on AT&T's gsm american network?
    Quote Originally Posted by bonito View Post
    ok..so took the plunge and have the O2 pre here in India now,

obviously the seller did not activate on the german network

now i know of the web os meta doctor way... but im too naive bout computers

and dont think i have the skills.... any easier way out ?

thanks guys
    Where in India are you located and what service provider are you using? ALso, where and for how much did you buy the Pre for?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    actually ToniCipriani i'm in australia and this is one of the countries dual band is fine in - as far as i know.
    Hi all - just received my German Pre here in Aust!!!Inserted Telstra pre-pay sim. Got signal, 'E' for edge is showing and it has taken me to settings up the Palm Profile. Problem is it's in German and I have no idea on how to complete!!! I thought that it would give me an option t select language at start-up.. Can anyone assist???
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    Hi all - just received my German Pre here in Aust!!!Inserted Telstra pre-pay sim. Got signal, 'E' for edge is showing and it has taken me to settings up the Palm Profile. Problem is it's in German and I have no idea on how to complete!!! I thought that it would give me an option t select language at start-up.. Can anyone assist???
    Join us on IRC on Freenode in #webos-internals and we'll help you out.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=webos-internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    All,

I can confirm that my Telstra sim (prepaid) works for: Calls, Data, MMS, Google Maps!!

I get the 'E' symbol at the top - so looks like no 3G.

Thanks to Rod and apologies for slipping off the IRC like that - had to step away for a while!!

Happy to answer any questions!! Now - must install that keyboard and all the other stuff..Very Excited!!
    Last edited by thewhitetower; 10/30/2009 at 12:40 AM.
    Hey Bonito,

I've been waiting for the Pre in India for more time than I care to say. Would love to know where you are, how you bought the Pre, and how much. Would also help to know your carrier. Also, possibly others could help you activate if you describe the problem you're having.
    All,

I can confirm that my Telstra sim (prepaid) works for: Calls, Data, MMS, Google Maps!!
    OMG that is awesome news! Expect a PM from me shortly
    hey guys im in mumbai ..bought it on ebay for 800 Dollars... and i'm still not getting past the palm profile screen... when to the extent of getting an 02 Germany card..but the damn thing still doesnt work in India
    Just got back to Manila now and popped my old Globe SIM into the Pre I'd bought in Germany. Voice and SMS work. No data (though that could be because the SIM is old). WiFi works perfectly: through it I was able to update the OS, sync my account, download apps, use Twitter and Facebook
    All,

I get the 'E' symbol at the top - so looks like no 3G.

Thanks to Rod and apologies for slipping off the IRC like that - had to step away for a while!!

Happy to answer any questions!! Now - must install that keyboard and all the other stuff..Very Excited!!
    Have you tried editing the apn file at all?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Hello, I have unlocked my Pre in Spain with IMEI and is very good. Is like official unlocked, I can do all, I can update....
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlasalle View Post
    Hello, I have unlocked my Pre in Spain with IMEI and is very good. Is like official unlocked, I can do all, I can update....
    How did you get the unlock code ? Where did you get it ? How much did it cost ?
    19€, a user that unlock the Palm Pre of Movistar
    If you want, I can tell you their email
    ok..thanks rwhitby .. my pre works here in India !!! now if only i can figure out this apn thingy..tried a couple of sims including vodafone.but no go as of now
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i'm interested in that movistar unlock business!
    Here in Manila, have been trying the Pre I brought back from Germany. I'm using a Globe Tatoo SIM -- Data doesn't work,I think the APN has to be configured. Everything else functions though (I took the precaution of having the unit activated in Berlin using an O2 SIM) -- voice, SMS, MMS.

I'm not really sure I want to use 3G given the slow speeds and extortionate costs here in Manila. Using WiFi I've been able to update the OS, backup to my account, download and install apps. I even managed to transfer my basic PIM data from my Treo 650 using Palm's Data Transfer Assistant. So far no complaints, in fact have been having a blast using the Pre
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlasalle View Post
    19€, a user that unlock the Palm Pre of Movistar
    If you want, I can tell you their email
    Hi, please let me know the email...

Another question is ofcourse if you can get the Pre without a contract in Spain?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast