Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 210
  1. deadsoul's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #61  
    guys i think there is a solution for the activation thing which is the Meta-doctor
  2. #62  
    I just received my German unlocked Palm Pre, and as stated above, I can't activate the phone! I can make calls and receive them, but not by-pass the activation screen. So if anyone knows a way to compile the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor I would be SO grateful :-)
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattersson View Post
    I just received my German unlocked Palm Pre, and as stated above, I can't activate the phone! I can make calls and receive them, but not by-pass the activation screen. So if anyone knows a way to compile the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor I would be SO grateful :-)
    I know how (since I'm the author).

    You need a Linux Ubuntu 8.04 or later box.

    You need to git clone the git.webos-internals.org tools/meta-doctor repository.

    Then type "make all"

    Look in a subdirectory of the build directory or the modified .jar file.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Go here: //ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/app?service=external/Home&sp=47&cc=de&lc=de

    And type in your serial number. (Can anyone who's done this fill in what happens after that?)
    the UK/Irish version is now available:
    ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/app?service=external/Home&sp=49
    and I have downloaded webOS Doctor (Build 108.100 10/03/09 01.43)

    now, who can tell me what to do next....
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by morgmel View Post
    the UK/Irish version is now available:
    ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/app?service=external/Home&sp=49
    and I have downloaded webOS Doctor (Build 108.100 10/03/09 01.43)

    now, who can tell me what to do next....
    Please update Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals with the direct URL for the Irish webOS Doctor, and update the table with the md5sum.

    Once we have that, we can update the meta-doctor to support that version and then you can be the first to see if it works or not.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #66  
    Pre is poping up now on UK ebay at "a bit" high price level, starting from 540GBP, which is ca. 600EUR. There is even one for 750GBP, which is 820EUR, which is the price of two Pres in Deutschland Moreover, they are simlocked to O2...

    I guess I'll keep an eye on Spanish ebay, seems (1 so far) they will have more reasonable pricing.

    Anyway, I got to know from German dealer (not 02), that what is sold in Germany is called 1071DE, and what goes to UK is called 1071EU. EU would suggest European version, not specificly UK version, so it should have much more APN/carriers settings already in, not just national ones like in DE. Can anyone confirm which are present in UK, IE, ES versions?

    Pegass
    Last edited by pegass; 10/16/2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: typoos
  7. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by pegass View Post
    Anyway, I got to know from German dealer (not 02), that what is sold in Germany is called 1071DE, and what goes to UK is called 1071EU. EU would suggest European version, not specificly UK version, so it should have much more APN/carriers settings already in, not just national ones like in DE. Can anyone confirm which are present in UK, IE, ES versions?

    Pegass
    Very interesting - good spot! Provides a tiny bit of hope for us in the UK (that maybe we can get a Pre, and use it on Orange/T-Mobile for data). Hope someone can clarify the above point...
  8. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #68  
    The SIM lock, is that a hardware thing or a firmware thing?

    With all the reflashing going on. Would it be possible to reflash a UK Pre with the German firmware? And will it be SIM lock free then? It gets you a QWERTY instead of QWERTZ. Still leaves open the GPRS settings problem. But hopefully the UK firmware has some files inside (it being a EU version) that can be transferred to the German firmware???

    Still I'm wondering whether you would screw up the auto update stuff when flashing you're Pre with a "wrong" firmware.

    Just trying to find a way to get myself a working Pre...
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please update Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals with the direct URL for the Irish webOS Doctor, and update the table with the md5sum.

    Once we have that, we can update the meta-doctor to support that version and then you can be the first to see if it works or not.

    -- Rod
    as far as I can establish the UK & Ireland version is the same as the German one and I have edited the WebOS Internal wiki to reflect this

    however WebOS Doctor does not detect my Pre, could this be because I have not been able to activate it yet?

    morgmel
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by morgmel View Post
    as far as I can establish the UK & Ireland version is the same as the German one and I have edited the WebOS Internal wiki to reflect this

    however WebOS Doctor does not detect my Pre, could this be because I have not been able to activate it yet?

    morgmel
    Follow the recovery procedure on the webos-internals.org wiki.

    Being able to use webOS Doctor is independent of any firmware or patches or tweaks you have on the device already.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #71  
    thanks Rod,

    I managed to get start the webOS doctor process after putting the phone in bootloader recovery mode but so far it has failed twice, once at 4% and once at 11%.
    Both times in gave a 'sorry we cannot recover your device error'.
    removing the battery brings the phone back to its initial state - requiring activation

    I will try again tomorrow.
  12. dr3wster's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    MMS Settings for Telstra Australia have been in the CDMA Pre firmware from day 1.

    -- Rod

    Hey Rod,

    Sorry, have tried asking this question many times, but nobody seems to have the answer. I'm hoping you might, seeing that you've seen the source code!!

    Are the APN settings in for 3 Hutchison?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    Hey Rod,

    Sorry, have tried asking this question many times, but nobody seems to have the answer. I'm hoping you might, seeing that you've seen the source code!!

    Are the APN settings in for 3 Hutchison?
    Palminfocentre has a list from CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 on the Pre and it does include Hutchison Australia

    List of carriers contained within CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 - Palm Pre

    I don't know what that means about the ability to set it up for their network.
  14. #74  
    Just activated my german Palm Pre with a danish TDC sim card. Telia and 3 did'nt work. So some carriers Are automatically configured.
  15. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattersson View Post
    Just activated my german Palm Pre with a danish TDC sim card. Telia and 3 did'nt work. So some carriers Are automatically configured.
    1] Can you elaborate on this please? When you say 'activated' what do you mean?

    2] Also, can you confirm that this what you have just done?
    - Buy a Pre without contract
    - Put in a SIM card provided by TDC Mobile and the Pre just 'works' ??

    i.e. an O2 SIM card was not needed? Are you able to go online with TDC data services?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    1] Can you elaborate on this please? When you say 'activated' what do you mean?

    2] Also, can you confirm that this what you have just done?
    - Buy a Pre without contract
    - Put in a SIM card provided by TDC Mobile and the Pre just 'works' ??

    i.e. an O2 SIM card was not needed? Are you able to go online with TDC data services?
    I bought a german Pre over eBay, and it was apparantly Pre-configured to work with TDC. So yes, the data connection works with TDC, But not 3(where call and sms works though works) and not Telia where nothing works at all.
  17. #77  
    For Telia DK, the available APN is "wwwDOTinternetDOTmteliaDOTdk" (without the quotes, replace DOT with acutal dots, I can't post links yet) with no user/password. Would this be correct? For TDC the APN is just "internet" with no user/password.
    3 DK doesn't seem to be available at all.

    All this is from the Carriernetworksettings.db3 database.

    Has anyone looked at the class files in "usr/lib/luna/java/CarrierNetworkSettings/com/palm/data/carriernetworksettings" as they seem to be responsible for setting the carriersettings (they call the aforementioned database). Unfortunately, I am not a developer and my abilities end here but I guess it might be worth looking at those files?
  18. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by pegass View Post
    Anyway, I got to know from German dealer (not 02), that what is sold in Germany is called 1071DE, and what goes to UK is called 1071EU. EU would suggest European version, not specificly UK version, so it should have much more APN/carriers settings already in, not just national ones like in DE. Can anyone confirm which are present in UK, IE, ES versions?

    Pegass
    Yes, we now have a list of APN/carriers settings already in the Pre [albeit German version], see here: http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...n-1-21-us.html
  19. #79  
    Just get the WebOSdoctor for whatever version you want the settings for, extract the ROM, mount the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 SQLLite database in /usr/lib/luna using any SQLLite editor/browser and execute this tiny piece of SQL:

    Code:
    select a.id, a.mcc, a.mmsProxy, a.mmscUrl, a.mmscWapGateway, a.qOperatorLongName, a.voicemailNumber, b.apn, b.cshnUserName, b.cshnPassword, b.regionName from com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings a
    inner join com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_DataConnectionSettings b
    on a.id = b.com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings_id
    This will give you the same list I just posted in the other thread.
  20. Trekkie's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattersson View Post
    I bought a german Pre over eBay, and it was apparantly Pre-configured to work with TDC. So yes, the data connection works with TDC, But not 3(where call and sms works though works) and not Telia where nothing works at all.
    Did you just buy a Danish TDC subscription, popped in the SIM, and then you could complete the activation - like that? Or is there more to it? Because you mentioned in an earlier post that you couldn't active it, and was only able to make calls with it etc.

    I'm asking, because I'm thinking of buying a German Pre myself.


    Trekkie
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions