Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    i was supposed to have my german pre today,but the seller didnt ship it yet, the soonest i got it i will let you know, so the WebOS Doctor is almost ready to ship
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morgmel View Post
    I have acquired an Irish Pre.
    Can you confirm whether it has SIM lock or not?

And since the German WebOS doctor is there, is there already any progress from the developers on the possibility to add different GPRS settings (APN etc.)?
    Last edited by spud101; 10/15/2009 at 04:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Can you confirm whether it has SIM lock or not?
    unfortunately, yes it has SIM lock
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    What I was wondering. The limitation of only German GPRS settings supposedly hardcoded in the device. Doesn't that limit the usability of the phone to Germany only, even for German people with a German SIM. If they go abroad, the local network settings of the provider they are connected to there will not be supported then, right? That's pretty pathetic for a phone also aimed at business users...

Or you have to actively select Vodafone or something as their settings are the same in every European country, right?
    Hi all,

Just wanted to report that I have just purchased a Palm Pre from a German eBay seler. Should reach me in Australia sometime next week. I'm taking a risk on whether it will work but think I should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to report that I have just purchased a Palm Pre from a German eBay seler. Should reach me in Australia sometime next week. I'm taking a risk on whether it will work but think I should be fine.
    Good luck with it. I look forward to hearing how you get on. It does sound like you need to activate it with a German SIM though. See this thread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...rting-pre.html. Hopefully the guru's will have a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Good luck with it. I look forward to hearing how you get on. It does sound like you need to activate it with a German SIM though. See this thread - . Hopefully the guru's will have a solution.
    Bugger!! That's shattering! Have I just purchased a $800 paperweight??

Rod - you seem to know your stuff..please tell me that I'll be able to work around this issue!!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Hi all,

He shall activate it for you here in germany..!! Otherwise pn me and I will send you a kind of prepaid O2 package. No contract needed.
    Bugger!! That's shattering! Have I just purchased a $800 paperweight??

Rod - you seem to know your stuff..please tell me that I'll be able to work around this issue!!
    No idea - I will be getting a German colleague to test mine out before sending it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Go here: https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...47&cc=de&lc=de

And type in your serial number. (Can anyone who's done this fill in what happens after that?)

Or can anyone "hack" the URL (from Bell and Sprint) based on this?:
    webOS™ Doctor für Palm® Pre™ (p100eww) - Build 108.100, webOS 1.1.3
    hey check this post out?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-pre-2.html
    so the link you gave actually gives access to the webos doctor 1.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    He shall activate it for you here in germany..!! Otherwise pn me and I will send you a kind of prepaid O2 package. No contract needed.
    Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that as I think that the phone has already been packaged and sent!!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that as I think that the phone has already been packaged and sent!!
    Bad luck. Just let me know if I can help..
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    hey do you think that a prepaid package could have data roaming included ?
    if saw i can order one from ebay i suppose or if you can send me one that would be great too.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Somewhere here is a employee from O2. He should know. Forgot his nic. But I can call a dealer.
    But that won't help with the APN issue. It will just let you make calls.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Called the O2 prepaid hotline right now. There won't be any internet with O2 prepaid in other countries except germany. But I will check Vodafone. I have a pre and a vodafone sim. So to activate it doesn't have to be a O2 sim.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Hotline kicked me out waiting too long for someone.. Will try later..
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    the question is even if you import a vodafone or T-mobile german sim, doesnt the phone have to have the data for local networks to connect to the internet, or it will automatically grab it?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Yes exactly. Abroad you will still be using a roaming profile of a local operator, which is in most cases different from the German settings of the oprator you bought the pre=paid sim from.

In case of vodafone you may be safe, I think they use the same settings everywhere in europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Go here: https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...47&cc=de&lc=de

And type in your serial number. (Can anyone who's done this fill in what happens after that?)

Or can anyone "hack" the URL (from Bell and Sprint) based on this?:
    webOS™ Doctor für Palm® Pre™ (p100eww) - Build 108.100, webOS 1.1.3
    Try this: http://www.palminfocenter.com/images...re-vietnam.jpg

...and someone on WebOS internals got it:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p113r...p100eww-wr.jar
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    very funny
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast