1.    #1  
    last night when i tried to save a photo from the browser it didnt give me the box with the optipn then when i tried to check the web from my phone it is just a gray screen no matter what site i try to type in. , and it alson wont let me go back in any screen by swipping the gesture area from right to left. the screen just jumps and stays on the same screen. please help
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    There is always a soft reset available (doesn't erase your data). Hold down the orange key, 'SYM' , and the letter 'R' (all three at the same time -- kinda like CTRL-ALT-DEL)
    probably u need to reset ur phone and u also should make sure u go in to the dial pad hit the left upper corner on the sprint sign and go to preference and go to to networkand enable ur data roaming otherwise when ur in roaming u wont be able to use data. u should have on ur screen ev for highspeed data 1x is slow and in roaming it shows u ev r and 1x r if u only have r u dont have data roaming enabled. i hope that helps ur issue
  4.    #4  
    Just tried that. and no luck still does the same thing. any more ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by fields.chad View Post
    Just tried that. and no luck still does the same thing. any more ideas
    try a hammer.
  6.    #6  
    not a hammer i got a golf club though. also when i try to search through google it gives me that same screen. phone is updated to 1.2.1, roaming is enabled. anything else?
    do u have ev coverage?
    do me a favor if u can hook ur pre up over wifi and connect it to wifi and try to use internet on it if it wiroks its ur coverage and u maybe need to update the coverage then
  9.    #9  
    full evdo, and when i hook up to the wifi here at work it still does it, i just dont understand why the gesture area doesnt allow me to go back. i wanna do a hard reset, but i gotta back up my contacts first. think that might help?
    ya back up ur phone u know how to do this? device info reset options and full erase. and u back it up like that klick on the back up icon. then erase it and and install everything back. it seems like u got a buck when the webos 1.2.1 installed happens sometimes. good luck if that doesnt help well i guess then u have to exchange it for a different pre in a sprint store.
    basically if it tries to load a side u basically cant go back u have to close it an open it up again. well not always but sometimes.
  12.    #12  
    if i do a hard reset will i lose my contacts, or will the be backed up somewhere like palm profile?
    ur contacts they r in ur phone will be backed up and pretty much all ur apps on the phone as well if they r from the app store if they r from filecoaster or preware ect u will have to put them back on it and also all ur tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by fields.chad View Post
    if i do a hard reset will i lose my contacts, or will the be backed up somewhere like palm profile?
    If you have the phone set to save your contacts tot he Palm Profile then that is where they will be. if you have them save to Google, etc then that is where they will be.

Now the Palm Backup will save your settings to the other sources so when it comes back up it should add them all back which would allow the phone to pull your contacts back from Google, etc.

That is the medium version. :-) The short answer is your contacts will be there.
    excatly
  16.    #16  
    thank for all the suggestions im chatting with palm they said they have had this issue with 1.2.1 so we will see what they say
    ok good luck to u. hope everything will work out for u.
  18. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    This is just a personal opinion, but I've had the Palm backup of my contacts let me down completely, as have a few other forum members.
  19.    #19  
    i ended up having to do full reset. everything backed up fine. but the internet is just a gray screen. the rep had no idea what to tell me. hes supposed to call me later. so idk?